So, do you allow proud dad's on this board?? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : So, do you allow proud dad's on this board??

manlystanley
06-23-2010, 11:01 AM
..... If you do, please allow me to share something that I'm excited about..... My second son is off to Rutger's (in New Jersey) to get his PHD in Physics. He was given a full ride scholarship that includes: tuition, room / board, and all living expenses.. He was also the first GMU student to win Congress's Goldwater scholarship:

http://gazette.gmu.edu/articles/13458

I gave him my beat-up old truck and we're tearing it apart getting it ready for him to take to school. My kids have grown up so fast, it's bitter sweet to see them go.....

Best Regards,
Stan

bobsticks
06-23-2010, 12:21 PM
Great job on the part of your son! Clearly his focused, bright and has a sense of priority.

Somebody musta been a pretty good dad to raise a son of that sort...:thumbsup:

ForeverAutumn
06-23-2010, 02:42 PM
Congratulations Stanley. You have good reason to be proud.

Feanor
06-23-2010, 03:01 PM
Well deserved congrats to your son, MS. And to you too as Dad. :thumbsup:

thekid
06-23-2010, 05:18 PM
Congrats to you and your son!!

How I apply what I learned in H.S Physics.....

14 Down- A measurement of work (3 Letters) ....... Erg

manlystanley
06-24-2010, 09:54 AM
Somebody musta been a pretty good dad to raise a son of that sort...:thumbsup:

I'd like to humor myself and believe that I did a lot to help him. But, in reality, he is just a very bright and focused young man.

Best Regards,
Stan

Sir Terrence the Terrible
06-24-2010, 12:37 PM
Stan, congratulations, and I know how you feel. My two boys moved out at the end of last year. Two dogs moved in behind their departure.

Mr Peabody
06-24-2010, 07:10 PM
..... If you do, please allow me to share something that I'm excited about..... My second son is off to Rutger's (in New Jersey) to get his PHD in Physics. He was given a full ride scholarship that includes: tuition, room / board, and all living expenses.. He was also the first GMU student to win Congress's Goldwater scholarship:

http://gazette.gmu.edu/articles/13458

I gave him my beat-up old truck and we're tearing it apart getting it ready for him to take to school. My kids have grown up so fast, it's bitter sweet to see them go.....

Best Regards,
Stan

Whooo wee that boy must be able to cypher. Congrads! You'd better tell him to beware of those city folk. Oh, and take the gun rack out the truck, they frown on those in the city :)

manlystanley
06-25-2010, 05:29 AM
Whooo wee that boy must be able to cypher. Congrads! You'd better tell him to beware of those city folk. Oh, and take the gun rack out the truck, they frown on those in the city :)

ROTFL!! Mr. Peabody, thanks for the laugh and all the good advice!!

Best Regards,
Stan

bobsticks
06-25-2010, 09:00 AM
...Oh, and take the gun rack out the truck, they frown on those in the city :)

Yes, sadly they do...<sigh>

GMichael
06-25-2010, 09:10 AM
Congrats!!!

dean_martin
06-25-2010, 05:41 PM
you should be proud. I've got one who graduated college in May who doesn't know what to do and another who just informed us after 5 years of college that he has only a year and a semester to go. If I can't start preparing for retirement soon, I'm going to show up on their doorstep one day demanding a refund.

Worf101
06-28-2010, 05:05 AM
If'n you're not poppin' button's I'll do it for you. Amazing accomplishments for your son. Be proud and be loud!!!!

Worf

Mingus
07-01-2010, 06:36 AM
Congrats Stanley. My second daughter is starting at St. Johns University in the fall. My first daughter graduated from the same University two years ago. I only have two more kids to go.