I think that we just had an earthquake here! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I think that we just had an earthquake here!

ForeverAutumn
06-23-2010, 09:50 AM
Not a buildings falling down kind of quake, but a feel the building shake and watch the water in my glass move, kind of quake. I've never felt that before. The adreneline is flowing and my hands are shaking. I can't imagine what a really bad quake would feel like.

I'm totally freaked out!

GMichael
06-23-2010, 09:59 AM
Anything about it in the news yet?

ForeverAutumn
06-23-2010, 10:04 AM
Just on the radio as they felt it downtown too. I've heard reports from colleagues and people on other web sites that it was felt as far as Ottawa and Syracuse NY. Ottawa is about 500 KM from here. I don't know yet where the epicentre was but it sounds like a pretty far reaching tremor.

bobsticks
06-23-2010, 10:05 AM
...pretty far reaching tremor.

Speaking of far reaching tremors...can anyone account for JSE's whereabouts?

ForeverAutumn
06-23-2010, 10:15 AM
Are you suggesting that he caused the earthquake? I told him to take Gas-X!!

Hyfi
06-23-2010, 10:30 AM
PE has a thread going on about a quake in LA today, maybe your feeling the ripples.

ForeverAutumn
06-23-2010, 10:51 AM
PE has a thread going on about a quake in LA today, maybe your feeling the ripples.

I saw that thread and thought the same thing at first. But I looked at the date and it was started on June 15th. Dean just revived it because of today's quake.

Here's an article from The Globe and Mail. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/earthquake-shakes-central-canada/article1614941/

GMichael
06-23-2010, 10:53 AM
I wonder if Worf felt it.

bobsticks
06-23-2010, 12:37 PM
Are you suggesting that he caused the earthquake? I told him to take Gas-X!!

Yeah but when...and where? He is nothing if not resourceful and I'm not discounting the possibility that he used his vast network to sneak across the border unnoticed.

If he had the French Chinese Chicken at Madeline's....whew...the honey chili, the brown bean sauce, the mango ginger chutney...Fire in the Hole!!!