URGENT - Paging Mr. Midfi [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : URGENT - Paging Mr. Midfi

ForeverAutumn
06-23-2010, 08:44 AM
Further to the PM that I sent you yesterday. Ken has reported receiving 10 additional copies of the PT Blu Ray. Apparently, the last 10 that the distributor had. I have ordered one so he is down to, at most, 9.

I tried to send you an email but it was returned. ???

So, hopefully you will show up here and/or read your PMs before it's too late.

Mr MidFi
06-23-2010, 10:53 AM
Well that'll teach me to go to lunch! See what you miss around here when you look away for 2 hours?

Thanks again, FA. I just sent Ken an email. I'm crossing my fingers...

ForeverAutumn
06-23-2010, 10:55 AM
A two hour lunch?! Nice. :yesnod:

Did you change your email address? I tried it twice and both emails bounced back to me.

Mr MidFi
06-23-2010, 11:00 AM
Yes, I did. Check your PM for my new addy.

And no, it was more like a 45-minute lunch followed by an hour of listening to my boss babble like a mental patient for some damn reason or other.

Thanks again!

Mr MidFi
06-23-2010, 11:14 AM
I just ordered from the site.

"Your order has been received. Thank you.

Order Total $23.20"

Yay!

Great find, FA. Ken says he only had 5 left. Now it's 4, I guess.

ForeverAutumn
06-23-2010, 11:17 AM
Cool! I'm glad that I could help. They must've not printed very many Blu Rays if it's selling out before it's even released.

It was cheaper at Amazon.ca but I called them and they couldn't guarantee that, just because I ordered it, I would actually receive a copy. They screwed me like that once before. I pre-ordered a disk and then got an email on release day that they couldn't fill my order.

So I paid a bit more, but I'll consider it as an insurance premium.

Mr MidFi
06-23-2010, 11:55 AM
Ken emailed me back, and it's shipping out tonight. Now that's some damn service!

ForeverAutumn
06-23-2010, 12:30 PM
I ordered mine today and it has already shipped. Laser's Edge is a great place to order from. They ship fast, and they only charge me for the actual shipping costs to Canada. Amazon charges double or triple what Laser's Edge does. I order from Ken as often as I can. His prices are often less than Amazon's too. Of course, you have to be ordering prog stuff. :)

3LB
06-23-2010, 02:52 PM
Yep, Laser's Edge is da total freakin bomb

10T Records are also very good

I like Ken (Laser's Edge) - he's the one who put a bee in Billy Sherwood's bonnet last year

ForeverAutumn
06-23-2010, 03:55 PM
I like Ken (Laser's Edge) - he's the one who put a bee in Billy Sherwood's bonnet last year

That's was freakin' hilarious. Especially his comments about not needing the drama as he stormed out. What a primadonna drama queen Mr. Sherwood turned out to be. :rolleyes5:

3LB
06-24-2010, 09:07 AM
That's was freakin' hilarious. Especially his comments about not needing the drama as he stormed out. What a primadonna drama queen Mr. Sherwood turned out to be. :rolleyes5:
well...I don't know if he was a primadonna the entire time he was there, but he sure went southern bell his last post. Thing was, I don't think Ken was really talking about Shearwood, as much as he was talking about Shawn Gordon, the Glass Hammer guys or Martin Orford, who show up on PE only when they have something to sell, but never get called on it or never get bumped to the O/T board, when others did. Shearwood did participate on other threads, he especially had some good insight on some Yes threads, but yeah, he also pimped himself alot. I do agree he embarrissed himself that day, and so did a lot of leghumpers there as well.

:19:

ForeverAutumn
06-24-2010, 09:16 AM
I think that Ken made it perfectly clear that he wasn't talking about Billy in particular. Billy didn't want to hear it.

The thing is that he went out with such fanfare that he's probably too embarrassed to return.

I found the whole thing rather amusing. :D Oh Billy, please don't goooooooo. Whatever... :rolleyes5:

3LB
06-24-2010, 10:03 AM
I wonder what happened to old Shawn Gordon? I know PRR is still in business, but every worth-while act they had are now with 10T.

Swish
06-24-2010, 11:42 AM
A two hour lunch?! Nice. :yesnod:

No such thing as work in those parts, kinda like France. :smile5:

Mr MidFi
06-24-2010, 01:50 PM
No such thing as work in those parts, kinda like France. :smile5:

...said the guy posting on Rave Recs all the live-long day. Especially during business hours. :smilewinkgrin:

Swish
06-25-2010, 04:37 AM
...said the guy posting on Rave Recs all the live-long day. Especially during business hours. :smilewinkgrin:

I guess they have to be concerned about their salary cap, but I was surprised they would let Byfuglien go, along with Eager and Sopel, but I guess it was necessary to keep Toews, Kane and Keith.

The Flyers need to make some moves too, but their salary cap is an issue as well.
They need a goalie and have already dumped Ryan Parent for the rights to free agent Dan Hamhuis, which is a nice upgrade on defense, but he wants about $4 Million, and they still have other players to resign (Carcillo, Asham and Powe) or let go, but they'll need others to replace them. They could actually let Coburn go and get some compensation for him since he's a restricted free agent, but only if they fail to sign Hamhuis.

I also believe they'll trade one of their highly-paid forwards, like Carter or Hartnell. I'd hate to see either go, but they need to clear some cap.

Mr MidFi
06-25-2010, 07:00 AM
Well, they got very little in return besides cap room... but that's life in the big-time these days. Frankly, it doesn't bother me too much. Dusty was a fan-favorite and came up big in a couple of playoff series. But his limited skill set made him expendable (as did Sopel's aging body, and Eager's lack of any discernable skill besides ass-kicking). It's a shame, but it had to be done.

Similarly, the Bulls got virtually nothing last night in exchange for their #1 draft pick and their long-time captain (Kirk Heinrich). But now they have $31mm in cap room, and the richest free-agent class in NBA history opening up in 6 days.

A United Center with young stars like Kane, Toews, Keith... plus LeBron James(?), Joe Johnson(?) and Derrik Rose(!)... will keep us Chicagoans warm for several winters to come.

Slosh
06-25-2010, 07:48 AM
My friend has this on DVD. The video isn't purposely grainy like Arriving Somewhere... but is still kinda soft so I doubt BluRay will look that much better. The regular lossy DTS sound excellent as well, so I imagine the DTS MA mix should be killer.

I still don't have a BluRay player and this release is definitely not gonna make me want to run out and buy one. I got enough gear that I rarely ever use as it is.

Now if only we could get some Calexico and Wilco concert BlueRays........

Mr MidFi
06-25-2010, 08:07 AM
Now if only we could get some Calexico and Wilco concert BlueRays........

Word. But I gotta say, even a crappy BD player like mine does a serviceable job of up-sampling DVD content. So Ashes of American Flags looks decent enough on my set. (Decent enough to watch and enjoy, anyway.)

bobsticks
06-25-2010, 08:40 AM
I guess they have to be concerned about their salary cap, but I was surprised they would let Byfuglien go, along with Eager and Sopel, but I guess it was necessary to keep Toews, Kane and Keith.

Joel Quenneville: "Hey Buff, lemme see you for a second..."

Big Buff: "Sure coach, what's goin' on?"

JQ: " First, I just want to say that we appreciate your contributions to this team and the role you played in bringing the Cup back to Chicago. That said, you know we're under a lot of pressure to resign the kids...and salary cap...all that stuff...eh. Anyway, next season you'll report to Atlanta...yeah, so...thanks again and have a good trip..."

JQ: " Well this is a great opportunity and Rick Dudley is a consumate professional. Hey, excuse me for just a second...I'm gonna go back out on the ice and throw myself under the zamboni..."

I also believe they'll trade one of their highly-paid forwards, like Carter or Hartnell. I'd hate to see either go, but they need to clear some cap.

It'd be a shame to lose Hartnell. He played with a lot of grit last season.

On Topic: What's prog? :D

3LB
06-25-2010, 10:03 AM
I may or may not get this, on DVD or otherwise. Not sure their stage presence warrants it, since I already own Arriving Somewhere. When they so closely replicate on stage the albums I already own, why bother? (can you say Rush?) Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see them live, but...can't remember the last time I was left alone long enough to enjoy an entire concert DVD anyway.

3LB
06-25-2010, 10:11 AM
oh, almost forgot...

**** ice socc...errr, hockey

:D

Mr MidFi
06-28-2010, 11:27 AM
Well, my Blu-Ray arrived Friday night, and I managed to get two spins in over the weekend. I grade it a solid A. Very nice sonics, excellent performance, lots of interesting camera angles... plus the live rendering of the Fear of a Blank Planet and the Nil Recurring songs infuses them with some fresh blood & fire. Especially "Way Out" and "Normal". And several Signify tracks sound particularly good here too, notably "Dark Matter".

SW still strikes me as an insufferable wanker, but the Dutch crowd digs him.

ForeverAutumn
06-28-2010, 02:44 PM
SW still strikes me as an insufferable wanker,

His attitude really turned me off the last two times we went to see PT. So much so that it's actually sullied my enjoyment of the music. But not so much that I'm not anticipating my disk arriving in the mail very soon. :D