Service & Reliability [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Service & Reliability

Mr Peabody
06-22-2010, 05:25 PM
http://www.pcworld.com/article/187407/article.html?tk=nl_pvx_h_crawl

PC World survey. Not at all surprised to see HP sucking, not sure what keeps them in business. A few different catagories of electronics.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
06-22-2010, 06:43 PM
I had a feeling this survey was kind of old. Pioneer stop producing flat panels in April of 2009, so it seems strange they would be on this list. Another issue is this is based on folks that visit PC world. But really, how many people go to PC world to talk about televisions?

They said that Sony finished on top of their survey in 2009. Since this article was posted on 1/25/10, how could they possibly rate any Sony. Samsung, or Panasonic for 2010 on that date when the 2010 models had not been released yet?

Their reliability survey does not square with yearly testing from company's such as Displaydata, the TV Guru, or even the Hollywood digital testing center.

They had Panasonic, Sony, Samsung, LG as the top rated televisions for 2009.

I would have given this survey a little more credence if it came from AVSforum members, Blu ray.com, or High def digest.com members. Since these are the largest AV sites on the web, the survey sampling would have been much larger, and much more educated.

Mr Peabody
06-22-2010, 07:36 PM
There's that negativity toward PC users again, don't make me have to call Nightflier.

dakatabg
06-22-2010, 10:04 PM
I have been using apple laptop since 2007 and when I go to any other laptops or computers, I can't stand them! Apple is the best, not surprised everytime I go to the apple store it is full with people and they are buying and buying!

pixelthis
06-23-2010, 08:50 AM
There's that negativity toward PC users again, don't make me have to call Nightflier.

NEGATIVITY towards everybody
What keeps HP in business?
Dunno, but I LOVE MY HP, had it since last august.
Whisper quiet, fast memory and proc, at a good price.
ADDED A DECENT VIDEO CARD AND AN EXTRA HD, its been great,
and the standard ATX box makes it easy to work on if it ever does break.:1:

06-23-2010, 08:57 AM

LOLOL, I dare you to call him. I double dog dare ya! He is hilarious, but personally he is more like Pix, but a little smarter.(which ain't sayin much)

kexodusc
06-23-2010, 11:02 AM
My wife's laptop is an HP, purchased last September. It has some weird video flickering problems. A visit to HP forums reveals it's quite common throughout the HP/Compaq laptop line...HP's quote to repair was more than the purchase price!
I've had quality problems with every single laptop brand I've ever owned:

Mac
Acer
Dell
HP
Toshiba
IBM

I've just surrenderd myself to the fact these things are not built to last. Or I always seem to switch brands just as a company is headed into a downward spiral. Actually, the screen flicker on the HP is the least annoying because the machine functions otherwise.

Still, bad luck. I give up.

pixelthis
06-24-2010, 12:30 PM
LOLOL, I dare you to call him. I double dog dare ya! He is hilarious, but personally he is more like Pix, but a little smarter.(which ain't sayin much)

Nice compliment you paid the guy.
At least my IQ doesnt match my shoe size, unlike a certain big mouth troll.:1:

06-24-2010, 12:39 PM
Nice compliment you paid the guy.
At least my IQ doesnt match my shoe size, unlike a certain big mouth troll.:1:

No you IQ does not match your shoe size as they don't make a shoe in minus 1,004,654,967,348 size.

Geoffcin
06-24-2010, 05:02 PM
OK enough personal sniping guys. Thanks!

Smokey
06-24-2010, 05:08 PM
Guys, guys, guys! This piss matching is really starting to get boring and repetition. And it don't seem to get nowwhere other than turning other AR members off, and a thread that end up in a sink hole.

Edit: I see Geoffcin already chimed in.

pixelthis
06-28-2010, 04:10 PM
Guys, guys, guys! This piss matching is really starting to get boring and repetition. And it don't seem to get nowwhere other than turning other AR members off, and a thread that end up in a sink hole.

Edit: I see Geoffcin already chimed in.
but I AM NOT GOING to be attacked and not respond.:1:

Feanor
06-28-2010, 06:25 PM
http://www.pcworld.com/article/187407/article.html?tk=nl_pvx_h_crawl

PC World survey. Not at all surprised to see HP sucking, not sure what keeps them in business. A few different catagories of electronics.
As far as computers are concerned, the ones I've like the best were the ones I assembled myself from hand-pick components.

06-28-2010, 06:41 PM
Ooooooo, I am such a victim. Passive/aggressive on steroids.....

Geoffcin
06-29-2010, 03:32 AM
Service & Reliability is the thread. Please stick to the topic.

Hijacking of this thread will not be permitted.

audio amateur
06-29-2010, 05:06 AM
as they don't make a shoe in minus 1,004,654,967,348 size.
LOL! sorry but that was just funny....

The only real exposure to HP I've had is my dad's inkjet printer which is a little slow but has functionned flawlessly for the past 10+ years

kevlarus
06-29-2010, 06:44 AM
The only real exposure to HP I've had is my dad's inkjet printer which is a little slow but has functionned flawlessly for the past 10+ years

Like most electronics, I think much of it comes down to whether you get the cheapest you can find or slightly higher/middle of the road items. Our Dell laptop is now 10yrs old and still going (just). The VCR/DVD player (Tosh. I think) is probably around 5-6yrs old; waiting for that to die -- so won't be cleaning that at all :)

HP has usually been pretty good for printers. Computer systems may vary, although I don't like their "refrigerator sized" systems -- just not my taste.

pixelthis
06-29-2010, 11:59 AM
Ooooooo, I am such a victim. Passive/aggressive on steroids.....

pr hack IMITATING A TECH on steroids.
Yes, the best computer is one you build yourself, but the HP had a nice case, all the specs I wanted (EXCEPT AUDIO AND VIDEO), and was easy to upgrade.
AFTER building three computers I just didnt want to mess with it this time,
not worried, I CAN HANDLE MOST PROBLEMS, and have free NORTONS from COMCAST.
Besides, theres the long term of building a dedicated server for audio-video.:1:

pixelthis
06-29-2010, 12:01 PM
[QUOTE=kevlarus]Like most electronics, I think much of it comes down to whether you get the cheapest you can find or slightly higher/middle of the road items. Our Dell laptop is now 10yrs old and still going (just). The VCR/DVD player (Tosh. I think) is probably around 5-6yrs old; waiting for that to die -- so won't be cleaning that at all :)

So tell me, do you ever waste any money on lens cleaners?
Just curious, I HAVE A RUNNING FEUD WITH THE DENSE ONE,
as per usual.:1:

Mr Peabody
06-29-2010, 03:14 PM
Not meaning to hijack my own thread but I have NEVER used a lens cleaner in any digital product I own.

I gave up on those printer/scanner/copier/fax combo things. My first printer ever was a Canon that lasted years. After that I have been through several. So now I am having pretty good luck with a cheap Lexmark plain printer. Heck it's practically cheaper to throw the thing away and buy a new one just to get the ink cartridge. Kodak promotes cheap ink but it would have been nice if they made the printer work first :)

bobsticks
06-29-2010, 03:24 PM
So you're saying that you like Lexmark? You're a big fan of Lexmark?!

Reeeeeaaallly...<pulls out hose, lights a single incadescent>

Have you lived in New York?!...Do you like women?!...What is your first thought when I say the word "Terminator"?...do you own a puffy pirate shirt???!!!

Mr Peabody
06-29-2010, 03:33 PM
So you're saying that you like Lexmark? You're a big fan of Lexmark?!

Reeeeeaaallly...<pulls out hose, lights a single incadescent>

Have you lived in New York?!...Do you like women?!...What is your first thought when I say the word "Terminator"?...do you own a puffy pirate shirt???!!!

Uh...... what? I'm confuuused.

I said Lex was working. I guess for that I do like it.

bobsticks
06-29-2010, 04:44 PM
Just playin' witcha mi amigo...

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=23138&highlight=taylor+guitars

pixelthis
06-30-2010, 10:31 AM
Just playin' witcha mi amigo...

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=23138&highlight=taylor+guitars

Take crazy somewhere else, we're already full up.:1: