May all your days be gold my child. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : May all your days be gold my child.

Swish
06-22-2010, 05:04 PM
I was sitting at a local pub tonight, drinking Smutty Nose IPA, smoking a fantasticl San Cristobal cigar and contemplating my favorite music. 'it's a Wonderful Life' by Sparklehorse is among my top 25 of all time, and the recent death/suicide of Mark Linkous is still fresh in my mind. He had so much talent and I'm still trying to imagine a future without his remarkable talent. Such a waste. I'm sure there will be at least one postmortem cd, but after that....nothing. Damn.

I am
the only one
can ride that horse
th'yonder

I'm full of bees
who died at sea

it's a wonderful life
it's a wonderful life

I wore
a rooster's blood
when it flew
like doves
I'm a bog
of poisoned frogs

it's a wonderful life
it's a wonderful life

I'm the dog that ate
your birthday cake

it's a wonderful life
it's a wonderful life
it's a wonderful life

3LB
06-23-2010, 07:38 AM
you can smoke in a pub there?

Swish
06-23-2010, 07:41 AM
you can smoke in a pub there?

...but out on the deck. There are a few places that won't allow it even on the outside deck. In fact, this particular pub has a deck section designated as non-smoking (families with kids are normally seated there), and another section that allows smoking. I was actually seated at the outside bar. How sweet it is!

3LB
06-23-2010, 02:36 PM
mmmmm...stogies n' beer......

poppachubby
06-25-2010, 05:03 AM
I find myself thinking about certain musicians who are gone. I think the biggest impact for me would be Lennon. I am only 32 years old, I was 3 when he was shot. Yet, through his music I feel close and connected to him. It's a powerful thing, music that is. I guess at the end of the day, that's how these guys live on.

The other person I was going to mention is Chet Baker. I recall being very distressed when I found out how he died.