The Most Entertaining Show [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The Most Entertaining Show

poppachubby
06-22-2010, 02:30 AM
I am wondering what the most entertaining show you've ever seen is. Not the most artistically pure, or moving show...just straight up fun and entertaining.

I will say that a close second was Dread Zeppelin at Lee's Palace in Toronto Canada. So much fun.

The absolute most entertaining had to have been Gwar at The Opera House in Toronto. I know most of you have seen Gwar's shtick, but that wasn't even the best part.

After Malhavoc were done playing, roughly an hour had passed and people were getting antsy. The crowd started yelling in unison..."Gwar! Gwar! Gwar!"

Finally this weasely business guy in a suit comes out to center stage. He gets on the mic and starts telling us how Gwar are unable to play, why they can't play and blah blah. People are yelling and telling him to fukk himself.

http://www.quizilla.com/user_images/V/Venomspyke/1036047799_CTERRYGWARsleazy2.GIF

Just at that moment, their manager, Sleazy P. comes out and grabs this guy by the scruff of the neck..."What are your talkin bout? My boys will play!".....

And then BOOOOM!!! Light and smoke.

http://www.spookykids.net/gwar/gwarpage/Sexy2.jpg

It clears a bit and there's the Sexecutioner with a huge double headed axe and chops the business guys head off. The body starts spewing blood and she throws it into the crowd. At that very moment, the smoke all clears and there's Gwar!! They bust into a number and my god!! Fake blood just started spewing all over the place...

Hahahha....a spectacle indeed. It was hilarious and wicked fun.

http://www.metal-rules.com/zine/images/stories/FHH/Gwar.jpg

Worf101
06-22-2010, 06:04 AM
Good question. Multiband bill back in 1973 at Madison Square Garden... "War" and "Earth Wind and Fire". Amazing. War opened by showing a full half hour episode of "The Cisco Kid" which they morphed into the hit song, and it was all uphill from there.

Worf

ForeverAutumn
06-22-2010, 02:36 PM
Oh my goodness, there are so many to choose from. But if we're talking about pure entertainment, I love a good storyteller. So with that in mind a few come immediately to mind.

Rik Emmett
Tom Russell
Chris Smither
Jimmy Webb
Carole King

bobsticks
06-22-2010, 02:57 PM
HHhmmmm...interesting question...and i would say that often I've been surprised by acts that I've stumbled into...

Stanley Clarke and Earl Klugh
Wynton Marsalis
The Cult
Duran Duran
Megadeth
Kid Rock
Collective Soul...(yeah, I said it)
The Verve Pipe
Godsmack w/Jesus Lizard
Sade w/ Bryan Ferry
The Y-Store
Revolting Cocks
Ministry
The Meatmen
Ray Lamontagne
Saucy Jack
Yo La Tengo
Social Distortion w/ The Reverand
David Lee Roth w/ Yngwie Malmsteen (very odd bill)
KMFDM
Buddy Guy
Koko Taylor
Buddy w/Koko Taylor
Nappy Brown

Those are the immdeiate thoughts with a lot of different reasoning...good people + good band + good band and venue = good times...

Troy
06-22-2010, 05:09 PM
Another nod for Dread Zeppelin. I saw them several times in the early 90s and they were a riot. Tight band with extremely creative arrangements, they were not just a gimmick.

The Plasmatics were amusing too. Wendy-O wearing only blue cotton panties, motorcycle boots and 2" strips of electrical tape on her nipples, chain-sawing guitars in half and sledge-hammering TVs and dozens of other objects onstage. It was truly mayhem.

Ex Lion Tamer
06-22-2010, 05:29 PM
I'd choose among one of either,

The Cramps
The Violent Femmes
Yellowman

All seen in the mid-80s at mid-size venues in Montreal

MasterCylinder
06-23-2010, 09:33 AM
I am wondering what the most entertaining show you've ever seen is. Not the most artistically pure, or moving show...just straight up fun and entertaining.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm having a problem answering this.........I've come to the conclusion that unless I am moved by an artistically pure communication of the music, I don't find it entertaining.