Boston CR9 making funny noise [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Boston CR9 making funny noise

baillyjs
06-20-2010, 07:32 AM
I have just recentyly purchased a pair of used CR9's and have really enjoyed them, I have been using them as my rear speakers. Well today was the only day that I have had the house to my self and was able to really test them out. I am fearfull that I may have blown one of them. It started to make a funny noise, kind of like re-verberation at about 3/4 volume I am not pushing that much power to them I think at max it is 100w from a pioneer VSX-D811S. I took the speaker out and inspected it and did not see any damage at all so I am not sure what the problem may be. I was just wondering if anyone may be able to help me with this and give me any suggestions.

hank46
06-23-2010, 05:07 PM
take the rear speaker you think is bad, and use it up front, and the front speaker in the rear were the other speaker was that you belive was bad.

D. Paul Navigator
06-26-2010, 03:47 AM
I have just recentyly purchased a pair of used CR9's and have really enjoyed them, I have been using them as my rear speakers. Well today was the only day that I have had the house to my self and was able to really test them out. I am fearfull that I may have blown one of them. It started to make a funny noise, kind of like re-verberation at about 3/4 volume I am not pushing that much power to them I think at max it is 100w from a pioneer VSX-D811S. I took the speaker out and inspected it and did not see any damage at all so I am not sure what the problem may be. I was just wondering if anyone may be able to help me with this and give me any suggestions.

First damaged drivers make noise, destroyed speakers pretty much lay there quietly. I have never heard speakers make reverberation sounds on their own. The last poster has it right, switch them around and see if the noise follows the speakers. If not, you have a setting on your receiver that's adding that reverb.