5.1 A/V Receiver and Speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : 5.1 A/V Receiver and Speakers

n8485n
06-20-2010, 03:33 AM
I am shopping for an A/V Receiver in the $300 to $400 price range and speakers. Units like the Yamaha RXV-467 or the Denon ANR-1610 appear to be "in the ball park" but I really don't know anything about most of the features and specs. Can you offer some recommendations on A/V Receivers?

I also need a set of 5.1 speakers. Because of the configuration of my home, the two rear speakers need to be "in the wall" units. I rather favor Klipsch speakers over Bose, but there are so many Klipsch speakers I don't know where to begin. Can you offer a recommendation?

Thanks! (First time home theater in Charlotte!)

Tarheel_
06-20-2010, 05:52 PM
For in walls, i'd recommend parts-express.com. They have some wonderful sounding - inexpensive in walls. I have a few pairs and love 'em. Klipsch over Bose is usually a good choice. Klipsch speakers work well with any type of receiver.

Go to crutchfield.com and type in the receiver you are considering. Even if it's a back model, they usually have tons of information and specs. For that type of money, choose the receiver based on your needs verses power ratings.
Good luck.

flat-speaker
06-21-2010, 03:49 AM
on the attach picture,the three oil paintings you see on the wall above the flat TV is the front three for the flat panel home theater.

kevlarus
06-21-2010, 06:41 AM
I also need a set of 5.1 speakers. Because of the configuration of my home, the two rear speakers need to be "in the wall" units. I rather favor Klipsch speakers over Bose, but there are so many Klipsch speakers I don't know where to begin. Can you offer a recommendation?

Thanks! (First time home theater in Charlotte!)

Before looking at Klipsch, you need to set a budget after the receiver. Even a rough budget will help you. You can get a complete package for 5.1 from Klipsch or seperate pieces, which make up a set. Depending on the size of the viewing room, I would suggest a power sub instead of passive, it *will* make a difference, but it all depends on the funds available for it.

Looks like from their web site, they may have revamped some of their lines.