Loud semiportable setup? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Loud semiportable setup?

samc1213
06-18-2010, 03:43 PM
I am going away to a camp for a couple months, and we wanted to get some speakers that would hopefully be loud enough to fill a medium sized outdoor space. We don't need outdoor speakers as we can leave them right inside the door. The budget's quite low and we can't get anything extremely heavy. Any suggestions on what we should do? We have literally no equipment at the moment and want to be able to play our ipods through the system.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
06-18-2010, 04:20 PM
I am going away to a camp for a couple months, and we wanted to get some speakers that would hopefully be loud enough to fill a medium sized outdoor space. We don't need outdoor speakers as we can leave them right inside the door. The budget's quite low and we can't get anything extremely heavy. Any suggestions on what we should do? We have literally no equipment at the moment and want to be able to play our ipods through the system.

Try hooking them up to computer speakers like the Klipsch pro media speakers. There are other brands as well, but I know these play very loud, and with lower distortion than most.

kevlarus
06-18-2010, 07:32 PM
Try hooking them up to computer speakers like the Klipsch pro media speakers. There are other brands as well, but I know these play very loud, and with lower distortion than most.

I've always wondered about the Klipsch for PC speakers. I've got the 5.1 setup Klipsch speakers with a powered sub, but I've wondered what the PC set would sound like. I've never heard them. Sounds like they respond similar to their larger brethern.

I personally don't like "gooey-rounded" sound; much prefer crisp sound for instruments. Great speakers to perform dual duty of surround for HDTV/DVD (haven't heard blu yet) or CD in regular stereo but piped to all speakers.