Recording from the Video 2 channel [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Recording from the Video 2 channel

JCrewGuy
04-05-2004, 11:38 AM
I just recently bought a wireless smoke detector spy camera (suspect someone is getting into my home somehow and stealing small items of value) but I cannot figure out how to record off the channel the camera is connected to "video 2" ....I tried setting my vcr to channel 3,4 and even aux but none of those seem to record the Video 2 input channel. Can anyone direct me on what I'm doing wrong? I figure it's something that needs to be configured by the VCR's remote but not sure. Any help would be appreciated!

AVMASTER
04-08-2004, 01:13 PM
I just recently bought a wireless smoke detector spy camera (suspect someone is getting into my home somehow and stealing small items of value) but I cannot figure out how to record off the channel the camera is connected to "video 2" ....I tried setting my vcr to channel 3,4 and even aux but none of those seem to record the Video 2 input channel. Can anyone direct me on what I'm doing wrong? I figure it's something that needs to be configured by the VCR's remote but not sure. Any help would be appreciated!
sounds like the camera is connected directly to tvs' input 2.
remove the camera from input 2 and connect them to the vcr input.
connect vcr output (RCA jacks) to tv input2
switch tv to the input2, press record on vcr