Schiit Audio [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Schiit Audio

Ajani
06-16-2010, 01:05 PM
I came across this new brand from the AVGuide news section:

http://schiit.com/

http://www.avguide.com/article/asgard-valhalla-headphone-amps-sumotheta-veterans

It's quite a name for an audio brand. I hope to see a few reviews of their Asgard and Valhalla headphone amps soon...

markw
06-16-2010, 01:13 PM
Their motto is "With a name like Smuckers, it better be good."

Ajani
06-16-2010, 01:35 PM
Their motto is "With a name like Smuckers, it better be good."

From the last page of their Asgard product manual, their motto is:

SCHIIT - Everything else ain't

http://schiit.com/ownersmanual/asgard_manual_1.0.pdf

It's certainly catchy...

bobsticks
06-16-2010, 01:42 PM
Too hilarious to be fake...nice find...if anyone ever samples any product I demand a review...we must asscertain whether the product is as superior as they claim or if it's just...um...well,, y'know...

markw
06-16-2010, 01:58 PM
I just hope the owner's first name isn't Jack.

Ajani
06-16-2010, 02:18 PM
I find this section from the About Schiit page to be interesting:

So Why Headphone Amps?
A realization. In the old days, audiophiles went up the food chain from the table radio to the console stereo to separate speakers the size of refrigerators and monoblocks that would cook a cat. Today, nobody starts with a table radio. Everyone—and we mean everyone—starts with an iPod and headphones screwed into their ears. Headphones are now the standard.

winston
06-16-2010, 05:50 PM
Well as the old "Ad-age" goes (Schiit happens) !! WE"LLLLL who's gonna be the (Guinea Pig) on this one?? Asgrad Valhalla" the name sounds Juicy at least

markw
06-17-2010, 03:52 AM
I like their chops and the fact that it's made right here in the good ole USA count for a lot. And a sense of humor and a five year warranty don't hurt, either.

If I were in the market for a headphone amp, or even if I had the money to spare for a new toy, the Asgard would be at the top of my list.

poppachubby
06-17-2010, 06:33 AM
Ajani, are you shopping for a headphone amp? How's the speaker hunt going?

markw
06-17-2010, 06:46 AM
Ajani, are you shopping for a headphone amp? How's the speaker hunt going?Nah, just if I had extra $$ to throw around this would be a great candidate for a new toy.

As for speakers, while I would always like more, I've got more than I can use and store now. I have to make do with what I've got now.

Which is:
a pair of Maggie 1.6's, on loan to a friend with more room.
a 5.1 Athena/Velodyne setup for the HT.
a pair of RTS 3's in the spare bedroom/library (with the NAD setup)
a pair of JBL L-26's in the office./gym/mancave (with a Marantz 2270).
a pair of RatShack Minimus 7's and a DAK 15" passive subwoofer on the computer (with a Marantz 2230)

Stuff I have no roo to play with daily:
a pair of DCM CX-21's, which are amazingly good.
a pair of Baby Adent 2's.
a pair of JBL L-55's
a pair of Wharfedale 40-c's
and more RatShack Minimus 7's than I can shake a stick at. I just can't resist 'em.

As one gets older, one accumulates a lot of stuff.

Ajani
06-17-2010, 08:15 AM
Ajani, are you shopping for a headphone amp? How's the speaker hunt going?

Nope... I'm not looking for a headphone amp, but Schiit Audio caught my attention with the brand's sense of humor and the fact that the designers are both very experienced high end veterans...

I'm taking my time with the speakers, seeing how much I can save up before committing to a purchase...

Hyfi
06-17-2010, 10:30 AM
Just noticed the one product is an Ass Guard. (Asgard) One might need an Ass Guard if playing with all this Schiit!

bfalls
06-18-2010, 04:56 AM
Just noticed the one product is an Ass Guard. (Asgard) One might need an Ass Guard if playing with all this Schiit!

I've heard these are very popular with the prison population. I'm not sure if they're audiophiles, or just bad spellers.

Worf101
06-18-2010, 05:02 AM
Mwha ha ha ha ha!!!!! I for one think it's marketing genius. I wish these guys all the success in the world!

Worf

winston
06-23-2010, 05:34 PM
guys I was just browsing on head-fi and I saw this thread on the Schiit! audio headphone amplifier that (Jason Stoddard) Reply to :smilewinkgrin:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/497614/cool-