I made this recommendation?? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I made this recommendation??

winston
06-15-2010, 07:41 AM
I recommended this Onkyo 807 Receiver to a friend, as he wanted my Opinion because of the price A4less is selling the (factory Recondition unites) for $549.00 + shipping which is about $20 + tax for FL.... even if your not Onkyo fan boys" I would like your OPINION??!! Thanks. ;)

http://www.accessories4less.com/mas_assets/image

blackraven
06-15-2010, 08:00 AM
The Onkyo's are a lot bang for the buck. A good recommendation on your part.

bobsticks
06-15-2010, 10:01 AM
I echo blackie's sentiment. The only relative "disadvantage" of the 807 is the use of the Faroudja DCDi video treatment over the REON...which seems strange to type with Faroudja being a disadvantage of any kind...but the REON is, I believe, the current king of the upscalers.
There may be one or two little accessories or aps (the kind that few utilize anyway) that are available on the higher models...higher models usually have higher wattage which might be useful depending on your friend's speakers.

Overall, a solid recommendation.

winston
06-15-2010, 07:12 PM
"bobsticks" speakers are all Energy "he has some Energy RC-70s for front (the center, Sr, & Sb are all Energy C series) I haven't heard them but they're very nice looking he got a good deal from "AA" on them, speaking of higher models he was looking at the TX-NR1007 for about $850 (but after utilizing these extras, it was a concern for $300 more + tax even at the discounted price!!) they end up getting the 807 for $609 all charges include.

they live over 200 clicks from Miami up in melbourne fl its gonna be weeks before I'll be able to listen to their system.

bobsticks
06-16-2010, 06:19 AM
The 807 should have more than enough juice to adequately power those Energys. Make sure to bring along those Chet Baker and Bill Evans discs to sample as the Energys are known to have strong midbass and dynamics for their price range...

Cheers