This website has been reported as unsafe [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : This website has been reported as unsafe

ctctc
06-12-2010, 04:39 AM
I didn't know where else to post this, perhaps it can be moved to a more appropriate location if necessary.

When accessing this site this morning Internet Explorer blocked this site with a message that "this website has been reported as unsafe". I of course decided to ignore that warning to benefit from the plethora of information found here.

Does anyone know if this is Microsoft mumbo-jumbo, or if the site has really been compromised?

frenchmon
06-12-2010, 04:54 AM
MrPeabody got the same message. I have not recieved such message.

woofersus
06-12-2010, 05:36 AM
I just got notified of a threat by Microsoft Security Essentials after refreshing the page and the offending software was removed. Information about it can be found here:

http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/Threat/Encyclopedia/Entry.aspx?name=Exploit%3aWin32%2fPdfjsc.DE&threatid=2147631066

Seems to have something to do with a vulnerability in Adobe Acrobat when a "malformed" pdf is opened.

atomicAdam
06-12-2010, 06:31 AM
I'm going to send this off to engineering - it could be from an ad running on the site - thanks for the heads up - i got it also

francois
06-12-2010, 06:46 AM
On 6-6-2010, one of our ad brokers (we believe Ad Pepper) displayed an advertising banner that was flagged as Malware. We have since cancelled that advertiser.

Google marked our other site (mtbr classifieds) as suspicious but we cleared the problem up the next day. I believe these messages are remnants of that incident.

I just checked using Google's tool and this site looks clear.
http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=audioreview.com

------------------------
Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for audioreview.com

What is the current listing status for audioreview.com?
This site is not currently listed as suspicious.

What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 215 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-06-10, and suspicious content was never found on this site within the past 90 days.
Malicious software includes 1 trojan(s).

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including chiklomba.com/.

This site was hosted on 2 network(s) including AS3561 (SAVVIS), AS22822 (LLNW).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, audioreview.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?
No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

Mr Peabody
06-12-2010, 08:01 AM
On 6-6-2010, one of our ad brokers (we believe Ad Pepper) displayed an advertising banner that was flagged as Malware. We have since cancelled that advertiser.

Google marked our other site (mtbr classifieds) as suspicious but we cleared the problem up the next day. I believe these messages are remnants of that incident.

I just checked using Google's tool and this site looks clear.
http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=audioreview.com

------------------------
Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for audioreview.com

What is the current listing status for audioreview.com?
This site is not currently listed as suspicious.

What happened when Google visited this site?
Of the 215 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 0 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-06-10, and suspicious content was never found on this site within the past 90 days.
Malicious software includes 1 trojan(s).

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including chiklomba.com/.

This site was hosted on 2 network(s) including AS3561 (SAVVIS), AS22822 (LLNW).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
Over the past 90 days, audioreview.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?
No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

This is not accurate. My issues with AR has recently begun within the last month. It seems to be more associated with the emails letting us know a new response has posted to a thread. The email shows an error message but the response is still contained, when I click the link to take me to the thread then I get blocked saying the website is not safe. Interestingly enough though I can usually go directly to the AR site with out issue. I wanted to copy the error message but unfortunately I recently cleaned out my "deleted" folder. I will try to remember to come back to this thread if one is received again.

markw
06-12-2010, 12:46 PM
I just got a warning as well and I use AVG Free.

It's 4:45 PM EDST on 6/12/2010. This is not the first time either. I got it at least one other time this week on another computer, also runningAVG

JoeE SP9
06-12-2010, 01:03 PM
All three of my PC's give a malware warning when visiting this site. I'm using the free version of Avira.

Mr Peabody
06-12-2010, 03:08 PM
FYI, I'm using Norton 360

This is what shows on some of my email from AR:

ERROR
The requested URL could not be retrieved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://creview.adbureau.net/bservers/AAMALL/AAMB1/SITE=AUDIO/AAMSZ=HD/CATID=999/MFR=Hsuh/AAMB2/SITE=AUDIO/AAMSZ=HD/CATID=999/MFR=Orbo/AAMB3/SITE=AUDIO/AAMSZ=HD/CATID=999/MFR=ASEA/AAMB4/SITE=AUDIO/AAMSZ=HD/CATID=999/MFR=Crum

The following error was encountered:

Read Error
The system returned:

(104) Connection reset by peer
An error condition occurred while reading data from the network. Please retry your request.

Your cache administrator is production@e-centives.com.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generated Sat, 12 Jun 2010 17:08:02 GMT by proxy1.sc4.e-centives.com (squid/2.5.STABLE14)

Dear Mr Peabody,

thekid
06-12-2010, 03:39 PM
Interesting timing on this issue. I was infected this week with malware I believe after visiting AR using my traveling laptop. The malware would try to get you to believe your computer was actually being attacked by other viruses and it would ask you to buy a anti-virus program with your credit card. Of course all they want is your credit card number and "purchasing" the anti-virus program would not stop the malware from continuing to pop up. If other members are continuing to see warnings whatever it is must still be here.

Word to the wise to make sure your anti-virus protection is up to speed if you are surfing around here.

atomicAdam
06-13-2010, 07:38 AM
I got an email stating they turned back on a ad provider, had the issue again, and turned off. Please update if you continue to see the issue.

thanks
-adam

poppachubby
06-13-2010, 07:39 AM
Oh hello Adam, you're still a member here?

markw
06-13-2010, 09:33 AM
Get one when going directly to AR forums (I bypass the AR home page) and another when I access this particular forum.

Thank G_d for AVG.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
06-13-2010, 11:19 AM
I haven't had any of the problems you guys have had.

02audionoob
06-13-2010, 04:07 PM
I've been getting that thing about the website being reported as unsafe. My emails now usually look like this...

winston
06-13-2010, 06:03 PM
I get it a lot also "and especially when accessing the (photo gallery) "i used (Microsoft security essentials) that always comes on automatically when ever time this happens.

but considering the "flood of spam and other potential threats lately??!!

poppachubby
06-14-2010, 01:53 AM
One thing I find alarming is something I noticed about a week or so ago. We had banned a member named "nudepicss" for spamming, yet there's not a moment that goes by where he's not logged in.

Everytime I check the main forum page, there he is.

Why would a spammer who is banned be logged in all the time? To view the site? With all that's going on, makes me wonder.

Worf101
06-14-2010, 04:06 AM
I just got a virus alert on this website while accessing it from work. I also got it at home yesterday. Something is rotten here. Either a malicious spammer or a competing website. Still the site seems to be working.

Worf

3LB
06-14-2010, 07:48 AM
My Avast gives me warnings too. Been going on since Friday.

dean_martin
06-14-2010, 08:25 AM
I get a warning from the free version of AVG on my home laptop, but no warning on my work desktop which runs the pro version of AVG.

bobsticks
06-14-2010, 09:19 AM
I haven't had any of the problems you guys have had.

this...

atomicAdam
06-14-2010, 02:01 PM
Are you guys still having virus issues?

markw
06-14-2010, 02:18 PM
Today I had none. Let's hope it's a done deal.

atomicAdam
06-14-2010, 02:22 PM
Oh hello Adam, you're still a member here?

Smart Ass! Where's my care package!!?!?!

poppachubby
06-14-2010, 02:44 PM
Smart Ass! Where's my care package!!?!?!

LOL!! Oh man that's perfect. I guess I set myself up for it. It's here decorating my listening room. Every week I keep coming up with ways to spend that $50. This week it'll be a pair of minty Mission 707's.

You know I love you man. I'll get it to you, before you go deaf or senile.

And BTW, not one issue from my comp. Email included.

harley .guy07
06-14-2010, 02:47 PM
I have free avg and access this site at least once a day or more and have not run into any of these issues. Don't know what the issues are

atomicAdam
06-14-2010, 02:51 PM
LOL!! Oh man that's perfect. I guess I set myself up for it. It's here decorating my listening room. Every week I keep coming up with ways to spend that $50. This week it'll be a pair of minty Mission 707's.

You know I love you man. I'll get it to you, before you go deaf or senile.

And BTW, not one issue from my comp. Email included.

I hear you. I do the same thing.

But last week I wasn't around the computer too much, so missed out on all this fun.

atomicAdam
06-14-2010, 04:50 PM
I have free avg and access this site at least once a day or more and have not run into any of these issues. Don't know what the issues are

Some ads are geo targeted - so it is possible that some people will have experienced this issue while others will not.

But I think it has been dealt with, I hope.

Worf101
06-15-2010, 04:14 AM
All seems good today.

Worf

Mr Peabody
06-15-2010, 04:19 PM
I haven't been blocked any more but I still get an occasional error message on an AR email.

atomicAdam
06-16-2010, 05:45 AM
If you are seeing adbureau URLs in your emails please let me know. To my knowledge the sites have been moved to GoogleAdManager, but I'm not sure about the emails.

-adam

ctctc
06-16-2010, 07:09 AM
If you are seeing adbureau URLs in your emails please let me know.

I don't know what ad bureau URLs are a this is what I see.

francois
06-16-2010, 07:17 AM
Ok, we have been pausing our Advertising Brokers one by one to eliminate the problem. This has been killing revenue but we're trying to find the culprit.

Last night, we got a clue that one of our direct adverstisers, Skype, might be the offending one. I paused them and need to see if there's still a problem.

The Audioreview broken emails are not a problem. They're just calling an old url and we'll fix that.

The main concern is the malware/virus reports. Can you guys check and reply here? Thank you!

francis
audioreview

atomicAdam
06-16-2010, 03:19 PM
I don't know what ad bureau URLs are a this is what I see.

In this post here you can see the broken adbureau link. It has to do with the emails the forum sends out. But as Fc pointed out, that isn't the main issue at hand.

http://forums.audioreview.com/showpost.php?p=330605&postcount=15

-adam