B&w [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : B&w

poppachubby
06-06-2010, 05:13 AM
Hey gang. I am presently quite happy with my speakers, but have been eyeing up others. There is a good deal locally on some minty B&W DM22's. They seem well regarded and are priced for a song.

I'm curious what anyone's opinions are on these or any other models. I can't remember the exact model but I have heard a 600 series pair. They were nice but I dodn't get enough time.

harley .guy07
06-06-2010, 02:49 PM
when did you become a moderator? well thats cool. I did not know until I checked this thread but It seems you spend probably a lot of time of this site so it would be natural to make you a moderator. cool

JohnMichael
06-06-2010, 03:05 PM
I also am glad he is a mod. He is a very enthusiatic member of AR. I am sure Adam thought it was easier to let him moderate than respond to all his report bad posts. That was the reason Eric asked me to moderate.

poppachubby
06-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Lol. Right now I am a spam removal boy. But if you mess with me harley, I will delete all evidence that you were ever here. Hahahha just joking, well not really. Haha yes I am.

Yes I have no life so it's a great fit.

I just wanted to say thanks for all the great input to my thread guys. I really feel I can make a decision now.

frenchmon
06-06-2010, 03:20 PM
Hey gang. I am presently quite happy with my speakers, but have been eyeing up others. There is a good deal locally on some minty B&W DM22's. They seem well regarded and are priced for a song.

I'm curious what anyone's opinions are on these or any other models. I can't remember the exact model but I have heard a 600 series pair. They were nice but I dodn't get enough time.

Dont know much about that model, but if they are the ones in Canuck Audio Mart and at that price, I would snatch them up...they wont last long

JohnMichael
06-06-2010, 03:52 PM
I have owned B&W speakers in the past and have enjoyed them. They were the models that had a 6 1/2 inch woofer and aluminum dome tweeter. The drivers were mounted to a hard resin casting and the rest of the cabinet were MDF. They were good and I wish I still had them. If they work and are inexpensive I think they would be worth a try.

D. Paul Navigator
06-26-2010, 03:12 AM
I'm one that like the British speakers in general, but B&W are as quality as you get. Even their less expensive models still perform well indeed. If I remember this model correctly, they have the dome tweeter in combination with the 8" woofer, and getting the two to mesh has been difficult for anyone to do. However, I trust B&W designers to get the slopes intersecting correctly. Are you looking at these just because of price or are there other reasons? I think the 600 series are excellent at their price point, and bring the B&W sound down to the affordable level. They are now building the 600 series in China to keep them affordable, but so are many other top brands and the list grows daily.

poppachubby
06-26-2010, 05:28 AM
I'm one that like the British speakers in general, but B&W are as quality as you get. Even their less expensive models still perform well indeed. If I remember this model correctly, they have the dome tweeter in combination with the 8" woofer, and getting the two to mesh has been difficult for anyone to do. However, I trust B&W designers to get the slopes intersecting correctly. Are you looking at these just because of price or are there other reasons? I think the 600 series are excellent at their price point, and bring the B&W sound down to the affordable level. They are now building the 600 series in China to keep them affordable, but so are many other top brands and the list grows daily.

Paul I snatched up some Missions, check it out...

http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=34440

BTW, you know your bi-line says "Aubio" right?

D. Paul Navigator
06-26-2010, 07:36 AM
Those are big speakers! It's been a while since I listened to Mission's, what period are these from?

MikeyBC
06-27-2010, 06:42 PM
Those 707's are from the mid 80's if i remember right. I remember that lineup with the light baffle and the Mission written across it. Heard nothing but good thing about them. My uncle had a pair of B&W DM7's in the early 80's and i remember them sounding amazing

Congrats on the promotion Poppachubby....3000+ posts in less than a year has to be a record :thumbsup:

Poultrygeist
06-28-2010, 01:22 AM
Thought you were saving up for a pair of OB Tektons?

audio amateur
06-28-2010, 12:38 PM
Thought you were saving up for a pair of OB Tektons?
That could be a while given that he keeps swapping speakers every month :smilewinkgrin:

Poultrygeist
07-02-2010, 05:14 AM
If speakers were women we'd all be philanderers.