Dog Movies [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Dog Movies

Smokey
06-06-2010, 01:45 AM
Does any movies staring or co-staring dogs make your list?

I would say Disney’s 1987 Benji The Hunted probably is one of my favorite dog movie. The story line is great (Benji have to take care of orphaned Cougar cubs) so as cinematography. And choreography which the dog and cubs interact with each other and surrounding is amazing.

http://www.retroland.com/files/retropedia/images_390x191/Benji_the_Hunted_798_390x191.jpg

Sir Terrence the Terrible
06-06-2010, 10:30 AM
Snow Dogs is my personal favorite with Eight Below following close to that. 102 Dalmations with Glen Close is crazy funny and very good as well. But who can forget that syrupy classic The Lady and the Tramp.

Okay, they're all Disney movies, can you blame me?

Smokey
06-06-2010, 08:17 PM
You might as well add Iron Will to your list also Disneyguy :D

I enjoyed Eight Below more than Dalmations. Glenn Close just did not click for me in that movie. Haven't seen the Snow Dogs yet.

3LB
06-07-2010, 02:04 PM
I can't think of a dog movie that doesn't make me wince. I'm going all the way back to Lassie, up through the retarded looking Marmaduke.

OK, Old Yeller was good, but the rest...lazy, schmaltzy pap. In fact all animal based movies are, but especially talking animal dreck like those put out a few years back...can't remember the name, Sally Fields voiced the cat, Tony Danza voiced a dog, then there was a golden setter and they get lost and have to circumnavigate the globe or whatever.

The animated features are a little more tolerable, because the animal characitures are easier to relate to, but live dogs who are always lookibg off-camera for cues drive me nuts. Lady And The Tramp is a good movie, but those All Dogs Eat Cat**** movies blew chunks.

Benji raising cougar kittens? awe Smokes, delete this this thread and start over...I won't tell a soul.

Smokey
06-07-2010, 06:58 PM
IOK, Old Yeller was good, but the rest...lazy, schmaltzy pap. In fact all animal based movies are, but especially talking animal dreck like those put out a few years back...can't remember the name, Sally Fields voiced the cat, Tony Danza voiced a dog, then there was a golden setter and they get lost and have to circumnavigate the globe or whatever.

You're not talking about Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey, are you? because
voices for two dogs were Don Ameche and Micheal J. Fox, not Tony Danza.

That was pretty decent movie, although as you said, most [live action] talking animal flix tend to cater to younger audience. I am glad they did not make Benji a talkin dog in The Hunted, or whole movie would have been ruined.

winston
06-07-2010, 08:08 PM
ALL DOGS GO TO HEAVEN TO SEE... EIGHT BELOW
well that was just for fun!! but seriously when it comes to the animal survival movies (Eight Below is the clincher for me)..... (something always gets in my eyes watching this movie)

Sir Terrence the Terrible
06-08-2010, 12:22 PM
I can't think of a dog movie that doesn't make me wince. I'm going all the way back to Lassie, up through the retarded looking Marmaduke.

OK, Old Yeller was good, but the rest...lazy, schmaltzy pap. In fact all animal based movies are, but especially talking animal dreck like those put out a few years back...can't remember the name, Sally Fields voiced the cat, Tony Danza voiced a dog, then there was a golden setter and they get lost and have to circumnavigate the globe or whatever.

The animated features are a little more tolerable, because the animal characitures are easier to relate to, but live dogs who are always lookibg off-camera for cues drive me nuts. Lady And The Tramp is a good movie, but those All Dogs Eat Cat**** movies blew chunks.

Benji raising cougar kittens? awe Smokes, delete this this thread and start over...I won't tell a soul.

Man, you sure are a cheery dog loving soul.....

3LB
06-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Man, you sure are a cheery dog loving soul.....
Love dogs and cats, but they can't act for crap

I'll throw in Biscuit Eater - what a rough movie that was for a kid, But that reminds me, I think for a dog movie to be considered great, a mutt or two has to die. (prolly just me)

Or how 'bout Fox And The Hound...hey, why is the guy who don't like dog movies coming up with all the good ones?