Yongsan Electronics Market in Soeul, Korea [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Yongsan Electronics Market in Soeul, Korea

Poultrygeist
06-04-2010, 05:58 AM
I'll be visiting Soeul in the near future and wondered if anyone had experienced this market which is said to be the largest in Asia? I understand that all the world's top audio brands are sold there at great prices.

Hyfi
06-04-2010, 06:28 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yongsan_Electronics_Market

Sounds awesome, can you haggle in Korean?

Thousands of independant shops, all electronics sound like a place I would like to visit too.

There is an outdoor flea market in the area on the first and third Sunday of the month, when things are even cheaper. The shops open around 11 AM. Be warned, the area is not that easy to navigate through.

TheHills44060
06-04-2010, 08:19 AM
Wow that sounds amazing...

I'm headed to Hong Kong later this year so hopefully there is something comparable.

RGA
06-04-2010, 03:10 PM
Yes I have been there and while they carry a pile of stuff they don't have great auditioning facilities. When you leave the Yongsan station you need to get to the actual mall and I believe the stereo shops are on the third floor. The first floor can trick you because there are a bunch of stereos there and they had numerous B&W speakers and some seeming higher end brands. Floor 3 (might be 2) has shop after shop carrying some pretty elite stuff. Edge, Krell, CJ, Boulder, Sennheiser Orpheus, Harbeth, Reference 3a, ML, McIntosh, Tannoy Prestige speakers, and lots of older classics like the voice of the theater, Infinity Beta RS, original B&W Matrix series, and it goes on and on. They love their tube amps and HE speakers, and turntables.

In the link that was provided you see that big building - the stereos are NOT in that building. You need to walk a block to the left of that building where you see the white cylindrical building far left. That is where it is. Over to the right there are also a bunch of flea market type stuff and there is some decent gear there but the big time stuff is where I noted.

good luck.