Weird-A$$ music I like - Hannah Fury [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Weird-A$$ music I like - Hannah Fury

Snowbunny
06-01-2010, 11:50 AM
Similar artists - Tori Amos, Lisa Germano...

After joining her myspace page, I got an invite from a guy from Lonely London Lad guestimating that if I like Hannah Fury, there is a 92.1 percent chance I'd like their music.

I know its futile, but I have to ask. Anyone here familiar with either of these artists?

Snowie

Sadly, Flaming Lips does not shuffle well with any other band on my playlist. Any ideas?

ForeverAutumn
06-01-2010, 12:00 PM
I thought we lost you in an avalanche! Where've you been hiding girlfriend?

Stone
06-01-2010, 12:05 PM
Sadly, Flaming Lips does not shuffle well with any other band on my playlist. Any ideas?

Listen to complete albums instead of shuffling??

Good to see you. The weather finally good enough that you're able to come out of your igloo, or what?

Finch Platte
06-01-2010, 12:56 PM
I have a crush on a record store clerk. Her name is Hannah.

MasterCylinder
06-01-2010, 01:38 PM
Bunny ?

3LB
06-01-2010, 03:02 PM
Snowy! Where you been girl?

I'll check her out when I get home? the name kinda rings a bell...

Don't be such a stranger - we miss you

ForeverAutumn
06-04-2010, 05:29 AM
Hit and Run.

Swish
06-04-2010, 06:22 AM
Similar artists - Tori Amos, Lisa Germano...

After joining her myspace page, I got an invite from a guy from Lonely London Lad guestimating that if I like Hannah Fury, there is a 92.1 percent chance I'd like their music.

I know its futile, but I have to ask. Anyone here familiar with either of these artists?

Snowie

She puts me to sleep better than anyone. :yesnod:

I have no ideas, only questions.

Hyfi
06-04-2010, 06:24 AM
She puts me to sleep better than anyone. :yesnod:

I have no ideas, only questions.

Swish, Is that a "Round-To-It" in your avatar?

Swish
06-04-2010, 06:47 AM
Swish, Is that a "Round-To-It" in your avatar?

...it's merely a bit of a political statement. Can't you read it?

Hyfi
06-04-2010, 07:02 AM
...it's merely a bit of a political statement. Can't you read it?

I can only see where it says Take out the Trash. but it is stuck to something round. When I was a kid, my brother used to have a few round flat rubber coaster like things that were markered "To-It" and any time a someone said something like "Yeah, when I get around to it" he would toss them one and tell them they now have no excuse.

It sort of looked like you would take out the trash when you get a Round To-It.

But, I get it now.

3LB
06-04-2010, 08:09 AM
Hit and Run.
I feel so used

Swish
06-05-2010, 11:04 AM
I can only see where it says Take out the Trash. but it is stuck to something round. When I was a kid, my brother used to have a few round flat rubber coaster like things that were markered "To-It" and any time a someone said something like "Yeah, when I get around to it" he would toss them one and tell them they now have no excuse.

It sort of looked like you would take out the trash when you get a Round To-It.

But, I get it now.

...with the reminder to Take out the trash on election day.

Snowbunny
06-30-2010, 10:17 AM
You guys are still frickin' hilarous!!!

I have no excuse other than my job has become way too busy! I'm five years away from retirement, and I think I'm gonna bid on a sweet-entry level position so I have time to screw around.

Life is just too short.

And you know life has never been quite so fun as when we were all card carrying members of this place! I really do miss each and every one of you.

(Okay, not Finchie so much...but everybody else.) :devil:

Snowbunny
06-30-2010, 10:20 AM
I feel so used

Geez, I can't remember when I felt that way. I do remember it was kinda nice though...

How's Mr. Three Pound doing? Or in my language - Mr. Kilo! Doesn't that just sound more intriguing?

ForeverAutumn
06-30-2010, 10:27 AM
I'm five years away from retirement, and I think I'm gonna bid on a sweet-entry level position so I have time to screw around.

Life is just too short.

You can retire at 35? Lucky girl.

3LB
06-30-2010, 01:25 PM
How's Mr. Three Pound doing? Or in my language - Mr. Kilo! Doesn't that just sound more intriguing?
1.36kg to be exact... think I should change my moniker to 1.36kg? I'd do it for you, if ya stuck around for awhile.

Snowbunny
06-30-2010, 03:02 PM
1.36kg to be exact... think I should change my moniker to 1.36kg? I'd do it for you, if ya stuck around for awhile.

Geez, thanks for doing the math! But it does really help that everyone is who they used to be. So just stay the way you are. :smile5:

Snowbunny
06-30-2010, 03:04 PM
Bunny ?

Crazy-ass rock n roll dude?

3LB
06-30-2010, 08:27 PM
do you like Muse, Snowy?

bobsticks
06-30-2010, 10:45 PM
do you like Muse, Snowy?

Clearly I'm not Snowy but I love Muse...heard their "We Will Be Victorious" on the radio the other eve..great dealio for a ripoff of a KLF tune that was a ripoff of a Gary Glitter song...

So great too was the replay of the replay of the Oct 29, 2009 RR HoF Concert that was on HBO tonight...nothing like Ray Davies combining with Metallica to form the most incohesive band ever...

ForeverAutumn
07-01-2010, 04:43 AM
Muse are a fantastic band. I've loved them since 2003's Absolution. We saw them live earlier this year and I would definately put them in the top 10 shows of my life.

As much as I love the new disk, Black Holes and Revelations is their best, IMO. Their first disk, Showbiz is also excellent although not nearly as polished as their more current stuff.

3LB
07-01-2010, 07:26 AM
Muse gets a lot of love in the prog community because of how their music approximates the glam rock era. Kinda sorta an anti-shoegazer band.

Snowbunny
08-06-2010, 12:42 PM
do you like Muse, Snowy?

Hey Threepound!

Is it truly better to be late than never?

I hope so.

I really expected to like Muse. I must have heard one song on a comp and really liked it, but I bought Absolution, and never really connected with it, so that was my only exposure to Muse.

For my taste they were a little dark, but not in a good way, like Depeche Mode and others of that genre.

Any faves in your rotation?