sennheiser HD 202/201 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : sennheiser HD 202/201

xpression
06-01-2010, 06:11 AM
hey guys.. im new here. im looking for a decent pair of headphones for my home studio. its not really a studio, but i record music at home, on my computer, and need something decent to monitor my mix etc. i know the sennheiser HD 202 or 201 arent really studio headphones, but currently i cant afford a studio pair (look at at the Shure SRH 440 later on).

but for now, im looking for something decent, and also very cheap. i read a lot of very positive reviews on the HD 202 - headphone.com noted that its good for a beginner's home studio (a point i liked :P ) but unfortunately, i dont seem to be able to find a good selection of sennheisers where i am (i recently moved to saigon, vietnam). after a great deal of looking, i found a store that sells the sennheiser HD 201. is there a big difference between the two? i think the HD 201 is a bit cheaper? is it an older model? will the 201 also be acceptable to use for monitoring? i read great reviews on the 201 too, but im just looking for a more personal opinion from some of u guys! thanks again!

PS: if there is any other headphone of any brand u can recommend, for the same price as these, plz let me know - although i dont know if i can find em in vietnam

xpression
06-01-2010, 07:10 PM
i also checked out the AKG K414 P for the same price or less.. any comments? thanks!

xpression
06-02-2010, 04:41 AM
anyone? im in a bit of a hurry, as the HD 201 is a bit low in stock, and im wondering if i should get this pair, or try to find the HD 202 or something else. thanks