Denon AVR-1403,, Hot or Not? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Denon AVR-1403,, Hot or Not?

Dale M
04-04-2004, 02:52 PM
Hello, Looking for a AV Receiver and a local sound store has a Denon AVR-1403 floor
model that I can get pretty cheap, its missing the remote but have 2 or 3 universal remotes at home here, So my question is How is this receiever? I have 2 front tower 8 ohm 135 watt speakers and 2 rear 10 inch 8 ohm 65 watt speakers. it will need to power,,It will Only be used for a home theater receiver and not for music, No center channel yet but that and a sub are next,, any input would be nice,,, I can get this cheaper then a new bottom end yamaha or bottom end anything for that matter,, Soooo what ya think??

cam
04-04-2004, 03:08 PM
Hello, Looking for a AV Receiver and a local sound store has a Denon AVR-1403 floor
model that I can get pretty cheap, its missing the remote but have 2 or 3 universal remotes at home here, So my question is How is this receiever? I have 2 front tower 8 ohm 135 watt speakers and 2 rear 10 inch 8 ohm 65 watt speakers. it will need to power,,It will Only be used for a home theater receiver and not for music, No center channel yet but that and a sub are next,, any input would be nice,,, I can get this cheaper then a new bottom end yamaha or bottom end anything for that matter,, Soooo what ya think??
If you think not having the proper remote is not a big deal I would say get it. If it is really as cheap as you think and you think it is to good a deal to pass up, go get it.Denon makes really great sounding ss receivers. There are no pre outs on that model so adding another amp in the future is a no go. The 1403 is only a 5.1 receiver so you won't beable to decode 6.1 with dd ex or dts es. I have the 1804 which is 6.1, I tried it as such but soon found out I like 5.1 better. If you could find a 1603 or an 1803 on clearence somewhere, consider those as well.