Just picked up a Columbia/Legacy CD of Mike Bloomfield/Al Kooper's '68 Super Session. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Just picked up a Columbia/Legacy CD of Mike Bloomfield/Al Kooper's '68 Super Session.

markw
05-29-2010, 01:13 PM
As a bonus, it's got a few preciously unreleased tracks and two originals without the overdubbed horns.

I forgot how truly great an album this was. Bloomfield was a master axe slinger bar none. Too bad he slowly extinguished his own flame via drugs. I think this album was his last hurrah, and he couldn't even see it through to the end. When he didn't show up to finish it, Steven Stills was called in and tried to fill his boots.

Please note I said ":tried".

Jack in Wilmington
05-29-2010, 05:56 PM
As a bonus, it's got a few preciously unreleased tracks and two originals without the overdubbed horns.

I forgot how truly great an album this was. Bloomfield was a master axe slinger bar none. Too bad he slowly extinguished his own flame via drugs. I think this album was his last hurrah, and he couldn't even see it through to the end. When he didn't show up to finish it, Steven Stills was called in and tried to fill his boots.

Please note I said ":tried".

Great album, I was just looking at an ad from Elusive Disc and they had one of my favorite Blood, Sweat and Tears LP's "Child Is Father To The Man" which ironically, I believe, was Kooper's only work with BS&T.