fraud? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : fraud?

fercho
05-28-2010, 06:54 PM
well i bought 5 in wall definitive Di 6.5R speakers to use in a home theather but yesterday they went to my home and installed 5 onq ms3650. when i reproach them they tell me that if i want they could change them but il be sorry cause the onq are way better than the definitive. regardless of the price diference is that true? do i keep the onq?

thank you

markw
05-29-2010, 04:29 AM
If you ordered and paid for one item and they installed another, I'd definitly have some not-so-nice words with them. I hope you have everything in writing and paid for it by credit card.

Luvin Da Blues
05-29-2010, 05:46 AM
Let's see here.....

Just a quick search but the ONG go for $100 (couldn't find any specs)
http://www.onqproducts.com/catalog/model_MS3650.htm?popup=1

EDIT; found these specs

Frequency response :60Hz -20kHz (+/- dB???)
Sensitivity :91dB
Recommended associated amplifier power :50 WPC (Peak 100 WPC)

and the Definitives go for $250
http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/item/about/546494420/definitive-technology-inwall-di-6-5r

DI 6.5R :Specifications

Driver complement :1-inch (25mm) pivoting Aluminum dome tweeter axially aligned with a 6-1/2" (16.5 cm) BDSS bass/midrange driver
Frequency response :26Hz - 30kHz (+/- dB???)
Impedance :4 - 8 Ohms
Sensitivity :90dB
Recommended associated amplifier power :10 - 200 WPC
Inputs :One pair of gold plated heavy-duty spring-loaded terminals

I haven't heard either one but, I would tell them pricks to get their siht out of my house and demand a full refund. A note to the BBB wouldn't hurt either.

02audionoob
05-29-2010, 06:51 AM
And it's even worse than that. The installed speaker goes for $100 a pair. The actual ordered speaker goes for $250 each.

fercho
05-30-2010, 05:56 PM
thank you to everyone im a lawyer so of course they can expect a demand but thats why i need help do i keep the speakers and just ask for the refund or ask for the original speakers that they sold me.

and by the way whats bbb?

harley .guy07
05-30-2010, 06:14 PM
I would make them take them out and either make them pay for the damage or put the speakers you ordered in their place. I would be tempted to have them taken out and find another company to do business with and the bbb that was mentioned is the better business bureau and they will take action on companies doing the bait and switch and things that this company seems to be doing. I looked at both speakers and there is no possible way the onq speakers even come close to matching the performance of the Definitives that you originally ordered.

markw
05-30-2010, 06:33 PM
thank you to everyone im a lawyer so of course they can expect a demand but thats why i need help do i keep the speakers and just ask for the refund or ask for the original speakers that they sold me.

and by the way whats bbb?If they didn't do any damage, I'd just have then take out those cheap speakers and put in the speakers you ordered. Of course, if there is damage, make them fix it.

I just can't believe they had the jewels to pull this on you without any warning.

mlsstl
05-30-2010, 07:14 PM
While on one level it is appropriate to give them a second chance to do the job right and install the correct ones in their place, keep in mind they've already tried to gyp you once. If you elect to have them correct the job instead of giving a refund, I'd make sure there is someone to watch them carefully while they do the job. I don't think they deserve any unsupervised trust at this point.

markw
05-31-2010, 06:17 AM
I guess one cannot get too many opinions, eh? ("http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/showthread.php?p=721869#post721869)