Reciever/ps3 issue? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Reciever/ps3 issue?

hotrodder000
05-28-2010, 12:12 PM
I have a Sony STR-DH700 Receiver. Hooked up via HDMI straight to 42" Panasonic Viera LCD flat panel. HDMI to PS3 and HDMI to Comcast cable box. When I try to change the settings for sound/speakers using the A.F.D., 2ch, and Movie buttons, the receiver displays "not used" and i cannot choose different settings. It works great and these buttons do work when im watching tv, the only time it does not work is when im using ps3 so therefore im assuming its a ps3 audio setting problem. i went through the settings and it all seems good. i have all 5.1 and 7.1 settings check marked. still cant change it. it worked fine for a month after i hooked it up, but all of a sudden i came home and it didnt work. i reformatted the ps3 settings to factory and also reset receiver settings back to factory, still nothing. any ideas?

Sir Terrence the Terrible
05-28-2010, 05:13 PM
I have a Sony STR-DH700 Receiver. Hooked up via HDMI straight to 42" Panasonic Viera LCD flat panel. HDMI to PS3 and HDMI to Comcast cable box. When I try to change the settings for sound/speakers using the A.F.D., 2ch, and Movie buttons, the receiver displays "not used" and i cannot choose different settings. It works great and these buttons do work when im watching tv, the only time it does not work is when im using ps3 so therefore im assuming its a ps3 audio setting problem. i went through the settings and it all seems good. i have all 5.1 and 7.1 settings check marked. still cant change it. it worked fine for a month after i hooked it up, but all of a sudden i came home and it didnt work. i reformatted the ps3 settings to factory and also reset receiver settings back to factory, still nothing. any ideas?

Are you going into the menu to make these changes? If you are going to make any settings changes, you must first enter through the menu to do it.

hotrodder000
05-30-2010, 04:19 PM
Are you going into the menu to make these changes? If you are going to make any settings changes, you must first enter through the menu to do it.

the menu on the ps3 or receiver itself? i have not changed any settings on the receiver. the ps3 i played with the settings through the "Sound Settings" on the startup page but have recently just restored the ps3 to factory settings.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
05-31-2010, 12:41 PM
You cannot make those changes using AFD, two channel, or movie buttons. You must go into the receiver menu options to make those changes. AFD is automatic format detection, two channel is just that, and movie buttons are for engaging DPL, DPLII and DPL IIX options. They are not to be used for setting changes.