What albums would you like to see issued on vinyl? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What albums would you like to see issued on vinyl?

Rae
05-25-2010, 09:11 AM
I'm sure there have been plenty of variations on this thread over the years, but this is something I bump into all the time-- albums that I'd love to have on vinyl but that it seems have never existed in that form. There are some artists who would seem to have a vinyl-lovin' demographic in their fanbase, which makes it all the more bewildering. I ran into this again this morning when I was thinking how nice it would be to have Portastatic - Bright Ideas on wax and looked it up online only to find out there's no such thing.

If you could have any album issued on vinyl for the first time, what would you pick? (This doesn't include albums that are just oop on vinyl or hard to find.)

The first thing that comes to my mind (already cheating):

- The entire Richard Buckner catalog.

Anyone else?

~Rae

poppachubby
05-25-2010, 10:43 AM
Remy Shand - The Way I Feel tops my list.

Swish
05-25-2010, 11:07 AM
...Shaq Diesel.

Rae
05-25-2010, 11:20 AM
...Shaq Diesel.

I'm about to make yr dreams come true:

http://www.musicstack.com/listings.cgi?find=shaq+diesel&search_type=title&media=Vinyl

Hip-hop as a genre almost never has this problem. Almost every hip-hop label releases vinyl or DJ copies of every item in their catalog, although often without the album artwork that would come with a CD (blank or stickered sleeves are more common).

~Rae

jonnyhambone
05-25-2010, 03:00 PM
Prospect Hummer ep - Animal Collective/Vashti Bunyan
my fave by them and amazingly never on lp as far as I know, and such a cool collab...

Swish
05-26-2010, 04:11 AM
I'm about to make yr dreams come true:

http://www.musicstack.com/listings.cgi?find=shaq+diesel&search_type=title&media=Vinyl

Hip-hop as a genre almost never has this problem. Almost every hip-hop label releases vinyl or DJ copies of every item in their catalog, although often without the album artwork that would come with a CD (blank or stickered sleeves are more common).

~Rae

My son, now 27, bought that CD when he was in 7th or 8th grade and I teased the crap out of him for it. It wasn't too many years later that he started to enjoy some of the stuff I listened to, and Shaq was tossed in the garbage where it belonged.