Screen rolls on bright transitions [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Screen rolls on bright transitions

soulbob
04-04-2004, 07:27 AM
Does anyone know why the screen on my Pioneer HDTV rolls whenever there is a bright flash transition. For instance...during CSI, they use a ton of camera flashes as transitions and every time, it causes my screen to roll for about a frame or two. Not sure if this is something with my DVD player or cables or even possibly the TV. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

woodman
04-05-2004, 11:43 AM
Does anyone know why the screen on my Pioneer HDTV rolls whenever there is a bright flash transition. For instance...during CSI, they use a ton of camera flashes as transitions and every time, it causes my screen to roll for about a frame or two. Not sure if this is something with my DVD player or cables or even possibly the TV. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris:
The problem that you're describing can only originate in the Pioneer HDTV - not with any other component in your system. It most likely is being caused by a defect in a regulated power supply source, but that's not a certainty.

If the set is still under warranty, get the problem resolved before the warranty expires. If it's out of all warranty, I recommend that you put up with the problem ... it will cost more to repair than it could possibly be worth to you. Pioneer is NOT a company with good technical support. They only sell replacement PC boards which are generally quite expensive. They are not willing to help a servicer troubleshoot and repair a problem down to "component-level".

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news like this, but that's the way it is!