vinyl LPs to cd or flash drives! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : vinyl LPs to cd or flash drives!

errol van
05-22-2010, 07:51 AM
I want to play my LPs and save them to another type of audio format such as cd or flashdrive! I saw a turntable on frys web site that burns LPs directly to flash drives or SD cards and you can store the LPs! The price was about $150 for the turntable.
Does anyone have any sugestions about LP saving!

Sir Terrence the Terrible
05-22-2010, 09:48 AM
I want to play my LPs and save them to another type of audio format such as cd or flashdrive! I saw a turntable on frys web site that burns LPs directly to flash drives or SD cards and you can store the LPs! The price was about $150 for the turntable.

The best suggestion I can give is copy the vinyl at the highest resolution you can. Use a lossless option for best results.

E-Stat
05-22-2010, 10:05 AM
Unless your current turntable/arm/cartridge/preamp is not very good, I would recommend a different route. My approach is to send the output from my preamp directly to an aftermarket sound card in my computer. As SirT indicated, you need to save the results in a lossless format, if not full resolution WAV. If you do not have a good sound card in your computer, I would suggest you place your investment there rather than duplicating your vinyl rig with a substandard unit.

rw

02audionoob
05-22-2010, 03:27 PM
I would recommend connecting your turntable to a receiver with a phono preamp and running the tape output from the receiver to a USB sound card. An example is the SoundBlaster Live USB or the M-Audio Transit (http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Transit.html). Then you won't have to buy or use one of those lame direct-to-digital turntables.