Off topic -- please advise [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Off topic -- please advise

MasterCylinder
05-21-2010, 11:15 AM
I'm doing an update on my house..............for those who have done this, which should I do first...........paint or carpet ? I'm talking about the entire interior.............
[The kitchen will be the final project.]

Luvin Da Blues
05-21-2010, 11:18 AM
If you paint first, you won't have to worry about covering the new carpet.

rob_a
05-21-2010, 11:18 AM
Paint then carpet. you don't want any paint on a nice new carpet :yesnod:

MasterCylinder
05-21-2010, 11:21 AM
If you paint first, you won't have to worry about covering the new carpet.

Good point............painters must have a method of getting to the baseboards.

ForeverAutumn
05-21-2010, 11:35 AM
What they said.

If you do have to carpet first, remove any quarter round before they carpet. This will push the carpet right up to the baseboards. Then you can paint the quarter round before reinstalling it. That will make it much easier to paint the baseboard without worrying about the carpet as you can leave the bottom bit unpainted and then install the painted quarter round over the unpainted bit.

But don't do what we did...two years later we still haven't put the quarter round back. :D

Swish
05-21-2010, 12:02 PM
If you cover the carpet properly, that's half the battle, then use a nice long edger to push down the carpet where it meets your baseboard and you can you won't get it on the carpet. That being said, if I had my choice, I would tear up the carpet, paint, then put in hardwood floors or tile. :yesnod:

Finch Platte
05-21-2010, 12:32 PM
What the hell is wrong with painting carpet? Sure makes those messy spills easier to clean up later. If you ask me, just get a spraygun & paint the ceiling, walls & carpet all at once.

Dont' know why you're asking the idjits around here, anyhoo. :out: