Paging Poppachubby [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Paging Poppachubby

ForeverAutumn
05-19-2010, 12:47 PM
Hey PC, I just came across a web site for a music festival in Burlington that I thought might interest you. The Sound of Music festival. While the name is hokey and blows chunks, there are some bands playing that I thought might interest you. Sadly, no Hawksley Workman. But The Trews, Elliot Brood, Great Lake Swimmers, New York Dolls (:shocked:), Lighthouse and lots more. Looks like a pretty decent festival.

I'm busy that weekend but may try to take in David Francey on Sunday afternoon.

Here's the link to the line-up. (http://www.soundofmusic.on.ca/schedule.php)

And if you really want to rock out on Saturday, you can see the NYD in the afternoon and then head to downtown Toronto to catch Iggy Pop and The Stooges doing a free show at Dundas Square that night. I'll be there!

JohnMichael
05-19-2010, 01:00 PM
Poppa, Burlington is a cool city. I have visited there many times. Oh and the Ben and Jerry's factory is there. If you are a Sound of Music geek here is where the family arrived after they escaped Nazi occupation.

http://www.trappfamily.com/

It is a cool very eclectic city.

poppachubby
05-19-2010, 02:49 PM
John are we talkin about the same Burlington? In Ontario?

Thanks for the thought FA, I'm just on the run right now. I'll look at the line up a bit harder later. I have a wonderful double LP of Lighthouse live, from back in their heyday.

ForeverAutumn
05-19-2010, 05:04 PM
John, I have been to Burlington, Vermont and it is a very lovely city. I had the world's most garlicky ceasar salad there. But that's another story, LOL.

This festival is in Burlington, Ontario. Not nearly as charming as Burlington, Vermont but apparently they hold a pretty decent music festival. :)

JohnMichael
05-19-2010, 06:14 PM
Whoops never mind. OMG I hope I did not book my trip to Paris Kentucky?

poppachubby
05-20-2010, 02:44 AM
I don't think I'll be making this one FA. I am on a real upgrade tear right now and simply don't have the extra scrill. Maybe I will ask my new boyfriend, Frank Van Alstine for some cash. That's right John, you could of had it all...

3LB
05-20-2010, 01:31 PM
Whoops never mind. OMG I hope I did not book my trip to Paris Kentucky?
or maybe you booked it for Paris TN, which boasts a large lake resort and next week is their annual Fish Fry Festival... mmmm...catfish, hushpuppies and coleslaw....

JohnMichael
05-20-2010, 06:39 PM
I don't think I'll be making this one FA. I am on a real upgrade tear right now and simply don't have the extra scrill. Maybe I will ask my new boyfriend, Frank Van Alstine for some cash. That's right John, you could of had it all...

To soothe my sorrow I will go to Build-A-Bear and dress him in a leather vest and name him PoppaChubby. I will hug the bear with one arm and a bottle of single malt scotch with the other and think about what could have been.

poppachubby
05-20-2010, 08:40 PM
To soothe my sorrow I will go to Build-A-Bear and dress him in a leather vest and name him PoppaChubby. I will hug the bear with one arm and a bottle of single malt scotch with the other and think about what could have been.

Hahahha

02audionoob
05-20-2010, 08:51 PM
There's always Paris, Texas...

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4016/4626211934_c2fbca8eaa_m.jpg