PA Help! PLEASE! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : PA Help! PLEASE!

rockin-drummer
05-19-2010, 07:28 AM
Hi there, I have organised a live music event that is taking place next friday, but have just been let down by a friend who said I could borrow a further 2 powered speakers, and a powered sub!

We need at least 6 speakers for the audience, and at least 4 speakers as monitors on stage!

We have the following kit, please can you tell how to set it up to provide what we need!
We have all the cabelling needed!

24 Input Non-powered mixer
8 Input powered mixer (400 watt out each channel)
2 x Powered speakers 15" (Audience)
2 x Non Powered speakers 15" (Audience)
2 x Non Powered speakers 15" (Audience or foldback)
4 x Yamaha on stage foldback speakers (Foldback)

I have another friend who owns an amp, and says i can borrow it, Im not sure on the wattage though!

Please help!

Final question...If I was to connect the Powered speakers to the non powered mixer, then bypass the non powered speakers into the powered speakers would that work? Basically using the powered speakers as an amp to power the non powered speakers?

Matthew
Thanks

basite
05-19-2010, 07:38 AM
24 Input Non-powered mixer
8 Input powered mixer (400 watt out each channel)
2 x Powered speakers 15" (Audience)
2 x Non Powered speakers 15" (Audience)
2 x Non Powered speakers 15" (Audience or foldback)
4 x Yamaha on stage foldback speakers (Foldback)

I have another friend who owns an amp, and says i can borrow it, Im not sure on the wattage though!

Please help!

Final question...If I was to connect the Powered speakers to the non powered mixer, then bypass the non powered speakers into the powered speakers would that work? Basically using the powered speakers as an amp to power the non powered speakers?

Matthew
Thanks

it seems to me that you have all the things you actually need, how big is the location where the event will be?

about your last question; you cannot use the amp from the powered speakers to power the other speakers. the powered speakers need the amp for their own power.

Can't you connect the powered speakers to the non powered mixer, as well as connecting the powered mixer to the non powered mixer, and let the powered mixer drive the remaining non powered speakers?

So the non powered mixer would serve as a sort of a big "preamplifier" in a home system, the powered speakers, well, power themselves, and the powered mixer serves as an amp to power the non powered speakers?
I think that would make more sense :p
how much speaker outputs does the powered mixer have?

Good luck, and feel free to ask more questions :)
Keep them spinning,
Bert.