DAC-For Dell Laptop-->Audioengine A5 Set Up?Help Appreciated [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : DAC-For Dell Laptop-->Audioengine A5 Set Up?Help Appreciated

norsk
05-19-2010, 05:08 AM
Hi Fellow members..

Really hope you can help with some simple advice,Re inexpensive DAC for my Dell Studio (32 bit) laptop which feeds a pair of Audioengine A5 active speakers.I currently use the Behringer UCA-202 Interface-USB in RCA output

This was suggested on another forum to improve the signal from the Laptop(I was using a cheap headphone out jack to audio in on A5s.).
Sorry if i do not get the terminology right:crazy:

I am using some very good RCA cables maybe a touch to good for this simple set up..but these were purchased with something else in mind?

I was wondering about adding a DAC in place of the Behringer UCA-202 Interface and some suggestions as to inexpensive but well thought of DACs appreciated..also best method of connecting to my laptop?if Behringer UCA-202 Interface is felt not to be suitable with DAC

I am aware that the likes of FUBAR & NU-FORCE are well thought of and well priced

really hope you can help...

all the best Steve:)