Yamaha RX-V870 replacement bulb specs? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha RX-V870 replacement bulb specs?

machin3RED
05-18-2010, 05:23 PM
Hi, all I was recently given a Yamaha RX-V870 receiver and by my father. The display bulb is blown and I would like to replace it. I searched around the net and found 2 potentially useful suggestions. The first of them suggested the replacement specs be 6 volts @ 25 mA; this only worked for a few minutes before blowing out. Which leads to the second suggestion I found which stated the bulb specs as 14.5 volts @ 115 mA. This poster wasn't sure. So I'm asking you all for a bit of your expertise. The original bulb itself isn't labeled so I'm not certain. Thanks again all, will be looking forward to your help.

dakatabg
05-18-2010, 05:39 PM
I had the same problem with one Yamaha, it was RX series but I don't remember the exact number. Well I went to radioshack and I bought 12V/25mA and it started working without having any problems so go there and get one and your problem will be solved. It is like a buck and a half!

machin3RED
05-18-2010, 05:45 PM
Thanks chief I really appreciate your prompt response. I bought a 6 Volt @ 25mA lamp today as mentioned which didn't make 5 minutes before it blew out. Radioshack is closed now but I will pick up that spec first thing tomorrow and let all know how it went. Thank you again.

dakatabg
05-23-2010, 06:46 PM
How did it go? Did you buy the one I told you and is it working right?