Creed from The Office used to be in the Grass Roots!?! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Creed from The Office used to be in the Grass Roots!?!

Finch Platte
05-18-2010, 12:40 PM
Pretty bizarre... (http://www.obner.org/board/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=45883)

Swish
05-18-2010, 02:35 PM
Pretty bizarre... (http://www.obner.org/board/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=45883)

The fact that I've spent a lot of time in Scranton and all the local references they drop in the shows makes it that much better for me.

MasterCylinder
05-19-2010, 09:41 AM
What a great story...........hopefully with a happy ending.
I went to one of those "oldies" concerts a few (ten ?) years ago...........the lineup :

Spirit

The Grass Roots

Gary Puckett & the Union Gap

All three bands were entertaining; Spirit was the worst of the three and Puckett's ego was the biggest thing in the arena.
The huge surprise (to me) was The Grass Roots.............especially (the classic member) Rob Grill on lead vocals and bass guitar.
Hit after hit after hit............and self-deprecating humor along the way..........a really good and entertaining show.

Stone
05-19-2010, 10:05 AM
Midnight Confessions is one of the best songs ever.

Swish
05-19-2010, 10:49 AM
What a great story...........hopefully with a happy ending.
I went to one of those "oldies" concerts a few (ten ?) years ago...........the lineup :

Spirit

The Grass Roots

Gary Puckett & the Union Gap

All three bands were entertaining; Spirit was the worst of the three and Puckett's ego was the biggest thing in the arena.
The huge surprise (to me) was The Grass Roots.............especially (the classic member) Rob Grill on lead vocals and bass guitar.
Hit after hit after hit............and self-deprecating humor along the way..........a really good and entertaining show.
...they were the worst; the current lineup is missing Randy California, who was the leader and main songwriter. If you didn't know, he died tragically in 1997 while surfing. He and his son were caught in a rip tide and he was able to push his son to safety but wasn't able to save himself. Their original keyboard player, John Locke, died in 2006. The lineup you saw was probably even worse than Little Feat after Lowell George died. Well, maybe not.

ForeverAutumn
05-19-2010, 11:05 AM
Their original keyboard player, John Locke, died in 2006.

The guy from Lost?! Bummer.

MasterCylinder
05-19-2010, 12:44 PM
...they were the worst; the current lineup is missing Randy California, who was the leader and main songwriter. If you didn't know, he died tragically in 1997 while surfing. He and his son were caught in a rip tide and he was able to push his son to safety but wasn't able to save himself. Their original keyboard player, John Locke, died in 2006. The lineup you saw was probably even worse than Little Feat after Lowell George died. Well, maybe not.

So true...............they played FRESH GARBAGE in such a way that made us believe the lyrics were about their music.............sad............and without Jay Ferguson, it doesn't sound like Spirit anyway.

bfalls
05-20-2010, 05:02 AM
The guy from Lost?! Bummer.

During which flashback(s)?