Pioneer Elite VSX-21TXH or Denon ACR-2310CI [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer Elite VSX-21TXH or Denon ACR-2310CI

amarmistry
05-13-2010, 12:51 PM
Folks I had almost decided to go for Denon AVR2310 CI receiver and then I came across Pioneer Elite VSX-21TXH. I am just wondering which one would be better?

Denon has Audyssey MultEQ which Pioneer does not. Just wondering is it something to be of concern of.

Any input would be appreciated.

dakatabg
05-13-2010, 07:35 PM
I don't know what to tell you. I checked both and they have the same specs. If you have the chance to go and listen to both will be perfect. In your case the ears will tell you which one. If both sound the same, throw a coin :)

manlystanley
05-14-2010, 02:28 AM
Folks I had almost decided to go for Denon AVR2310 CI receiver and then I came across Pioneer Elite VSX-21TXH. I am just wondering which one would be better?

Denon has Audyssey MultEQ which Pioneer does not. Just wondering is it something to be of concern of.

Any input would be appreciated.

Why not get one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AVR990-7-1-Channel-Multi-Zone-Connectivity/dp/B002AKKFRG

It's essentially a 3810. Has: Internet Radio, HD Radio, Pre-outs, and lost of other stuff that the 2310 does not have. All for $140 more then the 2310.

Best Regards,
Stan

amarmistry
05-14-2010, 07:01 AM
Hi manlystanley
Did you mean 3310?

manlystanley
05-15-2010, 01:02 PM
Hi manlystanley
Did you mean 3310?

Correct. For a little more you get HD, Internet Radio, and a better amp. You can get refurbished for 689. I don't know what your music needs are, but I listen to HD channels a lot and Internet radio too.

Best Regards,
Stan

amarmistry
05-17-2010, 10:23 AM
Thanks.
Actually Pioneer Elite VSX-21TXH seems to be in short-supply. I will check out the Denon AVR 3310CI. It would give me ability to stream music from my computer I think. I just wonder if I could wirelessly stream music or not. That'd be awesome.

amarmistry
06-01-2010, 12:11 PM
Auditioned both these receivers at BestBuy, with U571. Same set of speakers (Martin Logans). I could hear silence very well with both receivers, however the dialogues were little clearer with Pioneer. Thought I'd mention this here for anyone interested. I might just order Pioneer with BestBuy since I got 10% coupon.

D. Paul Navigator
06-25-2010, 07:59 AM
The Denon's really aren't making a lot of improvements in the amplifier sections of the receiver, plus a difficult to read manual. However, Pioneer has a license from B&O for the ICE amplifier design and has incorporated it in this and several other top Elite models. This is one of the quieter and cleaner amps on any receiver, so if you are weighing which to buy, you might put the Pioneer at the top of the list. If you can't get it now wait for it.