Projector placement [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Projector placement

amarmistry
05-06-2010, 06:14 AM
Hi folks
I am going to put the projector in my basement, but unfortunately the place I want to have the pictures projected does not allow the projector to be installed on the ceiling. So I guess putting it on the table is my only option.
Has anyone done it before? My only concern is the Fan noise from the projector and the fact that it will take up siting space....

Thank you,
Amar

GMichael
05-06-2010, 06:18 AM
Most of the newer projectors have very quiet fans. Do you already have the projector? Some are more flexable than others for locations. I would suggest the new Panasonic if you don't already have one.

amarmistry
05-06-2010, 06:57 AM
No I do not have one, but yes I am going to get the Panasonic PT-AE4000 U. I already decided on receiver and blu-ray.. Its only the speakers that are still 'to be determined' state.
Thank you for your response.

GMichael
05-06-2010, 08:37 AM
Good. That Pany is very flexable. You could put that just about anywhere in the room and get a good picture. Try to have it as straight on as possible and make sure it has room to breath. You should be good to go.

amarmistry
05-06-2010, 02:15 PM
I can probably put it on ceiling but it won't be straight throw, it'll have to be on side. I wonder how will that work though. I need to take picure and put it here so I can have people look at it and provide better suggestions.

AVMASTER
05-20-2010, 08:53 AM
do you have wall space near the ceiling? you could use a shelf or a off-the wall mount. I don't recommend trying to place it off to the side. The last time i had to use a stand i did a Salamander Archtype audio rack with a stacking kit so that the PJ would be at a good height (top shelf), I added casters, moved it up against the far wall and set-up the gear on the rest of the shelves. Fan noise was out of ear shot, and the rack was only 23" wide and 16" deep so it didn't take up much floor space

amarmistry
05-28-2010, 12:05 PM
Hmm I am not understaing what do you mean by 'wall space neat the ceiling'. Would it be too terrible to place it on a sturdy rack/table between two chairs? Looks like thats my only option OR to use altogether a different area of the basement, but the one I want to use it the most ideal location.