Hi everybody... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hi everybody...

woofersus
05-05-2010, 06:05 PM
Hi all, I'm new here and wanted to introduce myself. I'm just here to hang out and chat audio. I'm on a few other forums under the same username, but I'm always looking for a friendly, unpretentious group to hang with, so here I am.

Also, I want to make it known, so as to avoid confusion or anger later, that I'm a dealer. However, I'll leave that out of my discussions here unless I'm asked.

My current systems are:
Onix Monitor 1's, an Onix XIA-160, an Onix DAC-25, and an Onix CD-10 for 2-channel.
Onix Bravo's, an Onix A-55, and an RME Fireface 800 for the home studio (among other pro-oriented gear)
AV123 RS450's, RSC100mkII, ELT525T's, an MFW-15, a Yamaha RX-V663, a Squeezebox v3, and a Sony BDP-S370 in the HT.
JL Audio XR525c x 4, JL Audio 12w3 x 2, a JBL BPX300.4, an old school MTX 500D, and an Eclipse CD5444 in the car

I also work in Pro Audio quite a bit and dabble in some home recording with friends. It's all audio all the time pretty much.

JohnMichael
05-05-2010, 06:53 PM
I live in Newark, Ohio and was wondering if you have a shop in Mount Vernon? I am always interested in hearing new gear.

Mr Peabody
05-05-2010, 06:53 PM
Welcome to AR.

dakatabg
05-05-2010, 09:08 PM
Hello friend

woofersus
05-06-2010, 04:23 AM
I live in Newark, Ohio and was wondering if you have a shop in Mount Vernon? I am always interested in hearing new gear.
I don't have a brick & mortar store, but I'm always happy to demo stuff at my home. (you can see what the gear is above, but I'm hoping to have some demo Melody and Acoustic Zen stuff soon as well) Let me know and we can set something up. If you'd like to hear something I have with you're favorite speakers or something like that I can come to you even. I like hearing new gear too. :)

For that matter, I'd like to do a small gtg at some point, but my house is really too small for more than 6-8 people. I keep hoping somebody else nearby will hold one and I can bring gear. Doesn't have to be exclusive to brands I sell or anything.

Hyfi
05-06-2010, 06:12 AM
Nice gear, never saw or heard the onix stuff, where is it made?

woofersus
05-06-2010, 06:24 AM
It's built in China by Sound Art China.

Hyfi
05-06-2010, 07:36 AM
It's built in China by Sound Art China.

Cool, that is one of the lines that Quest For Sound does not carry but they do carry lots of the import gear which is all pretty nice for the price.

http://www.questforsound.com/productlines.htm

poppachubby
05-06-2010, 11:42 AM
Welcome woofer. Thanks for the admitted industry ties, very upfront of you. Always great to have an experienced addition to the site.

woofersus
05-06-2010, 03:50 PM
Cool, that is one of the lines that Quest For Sound does not carry but they do carry lots of the import gear which is all pretty nice for the price.

http://www.questforsound.com/productlines.htm

I have an exclusive territory for Onix and Melody, so nobody else will carry them in my area, but I'm nationwide with Acoustic Zen provided I take measures not to step on the toes of the Brick & Mortar Dealers.

Manufacturing in china does have its advantages as long as you're prepared to pay careful attention to quality and import/export procedures. In general the quality level has been going up lately. Definitely some great value out there.

rob_a
05-06-2010, 04:25 PM
Welcome to the forum!

poppachubby
05-06-2010, 05:13 PM
Woofer, please quote me the following to my PM box:

3 Acoustic Zen Analog RCA IC, all 1M lengths...

1 is required for a Creek OBH-18 phono stage to an EICO HF-85 pre-amp.

1 is required for the EICO to a Golden Tube SE-40

1 is required for a CDP to the EICO

Quote me on the most suited cables for each task, keeping in mind price will indeed scare me away.

Looking forward to hearing from you....Chubbs

woofersus
05-06-2010, 05:26 PM
...keeping in mind price will indeed scare me away.
Haha, I get that a lot, but usually after the quote. ;) If I don't get a chance tonight, I'll get you a quote in the morning.

manlystanley
05-08-2010, 01:30 PM
[QUOTE=woofersus
Also, I want to make it known, so as to avoid confusion or anger later, that I'm a dealer. However, I'll leave that out of my discussions here unless I'm asked.
[/QUOTE]

Welcome! It's gerat to have an experienced retailed in the group.

Best Regards,
Stan

woofersus
05-12-2010, 04:59 AM
Thanks for the warm greetings everybody!