vintage cerwin vegas [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : vintage cerwin vegas

ynkeelogic
05-04-2010, 08:17 PM
Hey,
New to this site.Have gotten vintage re foamed cerwin vega s AT-10 s
Also getting a pair of vintage AT 8 s In the 90s I had a pair of AT10s so I know they will rock.Looking into a vintage Sansui Quad reciever.
Would like to know with how many watts per channel I should look for to get optiminum performance from my vintage cerwins..

Appreciate any help. :)

dakatabg
05-04-2010, 08:43 PM
Right here on this site you can see all vintage Sansui goodies:

http://www.classicaudio.com/value/san/index.html

I think any vintage Sansui around 50W per channel will be rocking the Vegas.

How much are you planning on spending?

pixelthis
05-05-2010, 11:19 AM
Hey,
New to this site.Have gotten vintage re foamed cerwin vega s AT-10 s
Also getting a pair of vintage AT 8 s In the 90s I had a pair of AT10s so I know they will rock.Looking into a vintage Sansui Quad reciever.
Would like to know with how many watts per channel I should look for to get optiminum performance from my vintage cerwins..

Appreciate any help. :)

MUST...control...sarcasm...gland.
WHO would refoam a pair of CERWINS?
Puting lipstick on a pig, really.
Welcome, BTW, you seem decent and will catch on quick.
JUST please do yourself(and your neighbors) a favor and go and listen to a decent pair of speakers.
PRETTY PLEASE?:1:

ynkeelogic
05-05-2010, 10:27 PM
MUST...control...sarcasm...gland.
WHO would refoam a pair of CERWINS?
Puting lipstick on a pig, really.
Welcome, BTW, you seem decent and will catch on quick.
JUST please do yourself(and your neighbors) a favor and go and listen to a decent pair of speakers.
PRETTY PLEASE?:1:
Thanks for the tip.. Just so you know sonny,I was jamming to Zeppelin Floyd, Hendrix and the like with BOSE 501s probably before you were born..you say pa tot o I say potato.LOL SEE YA...

ynkeelogic
05-05-2010, 10:51 PM
Right here on this site you can see all vintage Sansui goodies:

http://www.classicaudio.com/value/san/index.html

I think any vintage Sansui around 50W per channel will be rocking the Vegas.

How much are you planning on spending?

If condition is right along with specs 100 to 200.Lots out there...But as I know the oldies command the big bucks.Ill be searching..

dakatabg
05-05-2010, 11:09 PM
For $200 you can get a very good vintage amplifier or receiver.

pixelthis
05-06-2010, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the tip.. Just so you know sonny,I was jamming to Zeppelin Floyd, Hendrix and the like with BOSE 501s probably before you were born..you say pa tot o I say potato.LOL SEE YA...

gee....
They had ALLLLL of that stuff before 1956???
I thought that maybe you were some young wetnose know nothing, but gee, you
are old.
SO , no excuse ... and of course NO TASTE.

You know the old saying, if you dont listen to "rock n roll" speakers before you're twenty,
you have no heart, if you listen to em after you're twenty,
NO TASTE(or tone deaf).
I say music, you say something that belongs on the package shelf of a 69 Impala.:1:

hifitommy
05-07-2010, 11:41 AM
i wouldnt be rude about it. they might be good garage speakers or for an outdoor party as they WILL play pretty loud, i suggest better speakers for inside the house. the bose should only be used as rear channels.

get some PSBs, energy, or magneplanars for music in the house. 50-100 wpc should do the trick for most rooms.

the CVs are headache inducing if listened to for any length of time. an old sansui quad receiver would probably do nicely with the 501s in the rear and a pair of maggie MMGs with a sub in the front.

for stereo records, just use the sq adjusted so you can JUST barely hear the rear channels and the ambience will be nicely retrieved. live recordings will come alive this way.

enjoy.