Speakers to go with Denon AVR-2310CI [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Speakers to go with Denon AVR-2310CI

amarmistry
05-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Hi Folks
This is for my basement. I am thinking of getting Panasonic PTAE4000U Projector, Denon AVR-2310CI receiver, Panasonic DMP-BD85K Blu-Ray player, XBOX 360.

I need some recommendation on good 7.1 channel speaker system. Trying to be below $2000 for speakers.

Also, any alternative suggestion to the above setup (Receiver and/or Blu-Ray player) is also welcome.

Thanks!
Amar

Mr Peabody
05-04-2010, 05:03 PM
B&W are matching with Denon quite a bit. You should also give Paradigm a listen.

Check out these subs: www.svsound.com

amarmistry
05-04-2010, 06:02 PM
Ah! B&W - always wanted those.... but little bit out of my budget!
My expecations are already on high side after buying and enjoying HK CP35 HTiB. Very very good sound!

I will certainly audition Paradigm, but I am also interested in KEF and Def. Tech. I think KEF moved manufaturing to China! I still wished they were made in UK. I need to audition these two as well.
Btw, Swan speakers sounded (read as 'seemed') very good on the internet. Unfortunately no retailer in NJ carries them for me to go and audition.

Would the height of ceiling matter? Its 7 feet (only). If it would, how much? Also the way my basement is laid out and the area I am planning to put my theter may not allow uniform wall barriers on all sides. I just wonder how much sound quality will be affected....

I can provide picture of the basement if it'd help.

Mr Peabody
05-04-2010, 06:31 PM
B&W have different series and you should be able to get set up for under your budget. Not familiar with Swan. I wouldn't think the low ceiling should make that much difference.

JoeE SP9
05-04-2010, 06:46 PM
Ah! B&W - always wanted those.... but little bit out of my budget!
My expecations are already on high side after buying and enjoying HK CP35 HTiB. Very very good sound!

I will certainly audition Paradigm, but I am also interested in KEF and Def. Tech. I think KEF moved manufaturing to China! I still wished they were made in UK. I need to audition these two as well.
Btw, Swan speakers sounded (read as 'seemed') very good on the internet. Unfortunately no retailer in NJ carries them for me to go and audition.

Would the height of ceiling matter? Its 7 feet (only). If it would, how much? Also the way my basement is laid out and the area I am planning to put my theter may not allow uniform wall barriers on all sides. I just wonder how much sound quality will be affected....

I can provide picture of the basement if it'd help.

If you think an HTIB gives "very very good sound", you will be very pleasantly surprised with the sound you get from a "real" HT system.

amarmistry
05-05-2010, 08:12 AM
That is very True JoeE SP9. Lets just say that getting an HTiB in itself is an improvement from 'TV' sound.
And I have listened few HTiBs before buying my HK, and most of them were really really crappy. They were annoyingly 'loud' but not very clear. Now I have clear sound with my HTiB and I am aiming for-how do I say it-'pure'/'smooth' kinda sound. It'll be mostly for watching movies though.

blackraven
05-05-2010, 10:03 AM
Here's a system that I have recommended to others using PSBspeakers.

http://www.saturdayaudio.com/picturepages/image_specials_march.htm

Front- PSB T-55 or B-25's
Rear B-15's
Center C-60

rob_a
05-05-2010, 11:50 AM
DMC electronics has great deals on PSB.

dmcelectronics.com

amarmistry
05-05-2010, 12:31 PM
Thanks rob_a.
I have never experienced PSB speakers. I really need to auditon them since blackraven and now you, have mentioned them. Need to find a local dealer in NJ who carries them.

amarmistry
05-16-2010, 05:37 PM
I auditioned KEF iQ90 yesterday and I must say I really like them. But then I went to Electronics-Expo here in NJ and heard Vienna Acoustics, I believe they were Bach and they were simply awesome. Very pure sound... Almost $1000 a peace.... Wish I could afford those.... I think I like them better than B&Ws...