killer open baffles at hornfest [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : killer open baffles at hornfest

Poultrygeist
05-03-2010, 03:41 AM
While these aberrations would never win any awards for cosmetics their sound is amazing. Those are big Hawthorne Augie's in the back, Eminence Alpha's in the front, four Grundig's and two Fostex's, all magnet mounted to the heavy metal frame. It took effort just to lift one.

http://thehornshoppe.websitetoolbox.com/file?id=974393

poppachubby
05-03-2010, 12:01 PM
Poultry your link is no good, it prompts me to sign in. I had a listen to a nice pair of Salk open baffles over the weekend. Beautifully crafted, it's on the far left...

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4029/4573477948_29c348164b.jpg

atomicAdam
05-03-2010, 02:39 PM
Poultry your link is no good, it prompts me to sign in. I had a listen to a nice pair of Salk open baffles over the weekend. Beautifully crafted, it's on the far left...

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4029/4573477948_29c348164b.jpg

PC - did you get to hear a pair of the SongTowers? If you did, impressions? I've had my eye on Salk speakers for a while now, just don't have the 3k for the Song Towers at the moment.

poppachubby
05-03-2010, 03:13 PM
The Songtowers were there, paired with AVA amplification. We had a demo of the open baffles, on my request. They were demo'ing the Songtowers on the other side of the room, and we didn't catch it.

Truthfully, the room was pretty poorly put together. The Songtowers were in a properly positioned setup, but as you can see from the pic, everything else was kinda thrown in.

The open baffles sounded great, despite one speaker being a foot away from a wall, and the other not.

Did you check out the AKFest thread? I met Frank. I asked him about you and he had this to say...

"ya, I remember that fukkin weasle, I'll kill him god damnit!! I'll kill him!!"

atomicAdam
05-03-2010, 03:20 PM
The Songtowers were there, paired with AVA amplification. We had a demo of the open baffles, on my request. They were demo'ing the Songtowers on the other side of the room, and we didn't catch it.

Truthfully, the room was pretty poorly put together. The Songtowers were in a properly positioned setup, but as you can see from the pic, everything else was kinda thrown in.

The open baffles sounded great, despite one speaker being a foot away from a wall, and the other not.

Did you check out the AKFest thread? I met Frank. I asked him about you and he had this to say...

"ya, I remember that fukkin weasle, I'll kill him god damnit!! I'll kill him!!"

WOW dude - Frank is kind of old, don't make his heart explode.

Actually I missed the thread. Last week I was pretty much offline the whole with grampa's death and family in town for all the craziness. Was hoping to start things anew this morning but a bad sun burn and food poisoning had me inside all day. At least it got me in front of the computer for a while.

Poultrygeist
05-16-2010, 04:26 AM
hey pc,

Since you gravitate toward tube driven full rangers, you should join that forum.