denon pma-2000r [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : denon pma-2000r

ryanianmckinnon
04-30-2010, 07:55 PM
so i have the denon pma2000r amp and im currently running energy c-500 speakers but i was wondering if i would be able to put a sub in the system ? but i noticed that this model doesnt have a output for a sub but the denon 2000ivr does ? so i was wondering if i would still be able to some how hook one up thanx

basite
05-01-2010, 08:33 AM
Nice amp!

I believe it has a pre out, in a stereo system, you connect the sub to these...

have you considered different speakers too?

Keep them spinning,
Bert.

ryanianmckinnon
05-01-2010, 11:14 AM
thanx its deffinetly a beast, and thats the thing im pretty sure the ivr has the pre-out and not the r cause i looked on the back of the unit and i cant seem to find it. and i might get new speakers down the road but i was just curious if i was able to do it

blackraven
05-01-2010, 01:40 PM
You can still hook up a sub. The sub must have speaker level inputs. You hook up the sub to the speaker outputs of your power amp along with the speaker wire to your speakers. Subs like REL use this approach and prefer it.

ryanianmckinnon
05-02-2010, 03:50 PM
yeah i knew i could but i wasnt sure how, cause right now i have my speakers biwired and they sound pretty good, and have alot of bass but im also still breaking them down, which might have something to do with the lack of bass, wel its not really a lack its just i wouldnt mind having more. are REL subs expensive ?

blackraven
05-02-2010, 07:02 PM
REL subs start at about $700 and go up into the thousands of dollars. Many of the Velodynes have speaker level inputs, older Martin Logans do as well but the new ML's only have line level.

These Velodyne Impact subs are a good value and have speaker level input-

http://www.velodyne.com/vproducts/detailpdf/Impact-10_Details.pdf

These velo's are a better sub-

http://www.velodyne.com/vproducts/detailpdf/Optimum-10_Details.pdf

You also may be able to find a used Velodyne SPL sub.

ryanianmckinnon
05-03-2010, 01:00 PM
thats not bad, what size would that be for though? and i like velodyne subs but i havent really heard them, if i dont end up getting a sub i might just end up getting new speakers i only have energy c-500s but there pretty loud