Selecting Home theater setup w/ wireless rears [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Selecting Home theater setup w/ wireless rears

goodz
04-29-2010, 10:44 AM
Hey I live in a fairly small apartment, it has decent soundproofing as it is new, and I am on the groundfloor so I can have a sub without it being too irritating for my neighbours.

Currently I just use my tv speakers but i am looking to set up a 5.1 system, i play all my audio through my computer-> xbox 360 -> TV. Most of the movies I watch in the same fashion, although occasionally if i actually rent a DVD ill plug it into the xbox.

The ol' lady won't let me run wires to where rear speakers would go so those must be wireless (they can plug into a receiver that receives a signal and plugs into the wall but there is no way to get a cable from the front to them.

This is an entry level system I have been looking at HTIB systems as i only want to spend 300-500 (used equipment is likley) Something like the Logitech z-5450 seemed like it would be perfect for me unfortunatly it was canceld awhile ago. Anyone have any alternatives / feel like flaming me for being nubish. I am pretty tech savvy but have never set up a speaker system. (I work for a tech company and repair computers for a living limited jargen please)

Swish
04-30-2010, 05:21 AM
Hey I live in a fairly small apartment, it has decent soundproofing as it is new, and I am on the groundfloor so I can have a sub without it being too irritating for my neighbours.

Currently I just use my tv speakers but i am looking to set up a 5.1 system, i play all my audio through my computer-> xbox 360 -> TV. Most of the movies I watch in the same fashion, although occasionally if i actually rent a DVD ill plug it into the xbox.

The ol' lady won't let me run wires to where rear speakers would go so those must be wireless (they can plug into a receiver that receives a signal and plugs into the wall but there is no way to get a cable from the front to them.

This is an entry level system I have been looking at HTIB systems as i only want to spend 300-500 (used equipment is likley) Something like the Logitech z-5450 seemed like it would be perfect for me unfortunatly it was canceld awhile ago. Anyone have any alternatives / feel like flaming me for being nubish. I am pretty tech savvy but have never set up a speaker system. (I work for a tech company and repair computers for a living limited jargen please)
...as the 'Buy it Now' price ($220 + $40 shipping), and they're a top rated seller. Another was asking $400 and yet another was selling a 'like new' system and the bid is below $100.

You may want to check them out.

goodz
04-30-2010, 06:15 AM
Actually i saw that, but they won't ship to Canada. Was looking for alternatives or perhaps if there is a better option? But yea as of now i am just browsing ebay/craigslist

thanks for the reply

blackraven
04-30-2010, 01:28 PM
Here are a few options-

http://www.orbaudio.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=30

http://www.4homespeakers.com/wispinou.html

goodz
05-01-2010, 08:07 AM
Purchasing a HTIB wireless system doesn't seem likley on ebay as shipping is 100+$ to my location in canada.

Anyone used:
Kenwood RFU-6100 -
Rocketfish™ Wireless Rear Speaker Kit

anyone using a wireless amp that works good for them? Seems buying that on ebay and then purchasing speakers/main receiver locally would make the most sense. Couldn't find it but is their a Front receiever that comes with a built in transmitter and a wireless rear amp?

Thanks for the responses