Hulu to charge $9.95/Month by March 24? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Hulu to charge $9.95/Month by March 24?

jrhymeammo
04-28-2010, 04:30 PM
I'm not sure if this has been discussed already.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/technologybrierdudleysblog/2011674004_report_hulu_to_charge_995_per.html

I'm not outraged about this, but I'm not sure if the consumer will pay the fee to access their video. Who here does not have cable TV with On Demand? I thought I was the only one, but turns out JoeE SP9 doesn't subcribe as well. Who here is willing to pay $10/Month to access Hulu?

Since I don't want to spend $60/month on cable, I might consider paying for the inevitable.

JRA

TheHills44060
04-28-2010, 07:20 PM
I don't have digital cable or on demand either. i didn't even know what hulu was till i read this.

bobsticks
05-03-2010, 12:44 PM
I am very aware of Hulu and have never been that impressed with 'em...I barely access that site for free and certainly wouldn't pay money for it...

ForeverAutumn
05-03-2010, 01:04 PM
What's Hulu?

bobsticks
05-03-2010, 01:19 PM
What's Hulu?

It's a freesite that plays programming from NBC...the vid quality is high but, as one would imagine, the selection can be sparse...and certainly not worth any "forced contributions".

Sir Terrence the Terrible
05-08-2010, 05:44 PM
No everything makes complete sense to me. I have software called playon for my PS3 which allows me access to hulu(you cannot have access with the PS3's browser, they shut it off). Instead of the one time liscense fee offered when I purchased it, they are going subscription just like Hulu is. I guess they had to because Hulu is going subscription as well, and they wanted to continue to offering hulu on the software as it is a major selling point for it.

Hulu will lose some viewers, but others like myself that like Hulu will proabaly pay the subscription. I am definately going subscription with playon because it is so much cheaper than cable and satellite, and I have major equipment upgrades coming soon. Would rather focus on high quality equipment than waste my money on cable and satellite.