DVD / Home Theatre with USB NTFS formatted memory stick support [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : DVD / Home Theatre with USB NTFS formatted memory stick support

Murtu
04-26-2010, 10:30 PM
I need some advice please.

Seemingly DVD players with USB ports are seriously lacing in keeping up with modern computer technology and even the latest Blue Ray players do not have USB ports.

Memory sticks can be formatted with FAT32 or NTFS formats. Basically without getting too technical, FAT32 was OK for Windows 94 & 98 but from Windows XP onwards NTFS was the way to go. FAT 32 does not recognize files larger than 4GB whereas all HD video files are larger than 4GB and cannot even be copied onto a normal single layer DVD.

My question is: are there DVD players with USB ports that can read NTFS formatted memory sticks or USB external Hard Dives, and of course can they play all the various formats besides the normal AVI’s, WMV etc. such as the large file sizes High Definition formats and DVD formats of MPG, DIVX, MKV, M2TS, VOB, ISO etc.

I have looked at HD Media Players as well but they all are lacking support of all the video formats and are quite expensive. Seemingly no one has them on display so that they can be demonstrated to the public. From a quick glance it would seem as if the IOMEGA ScreenPlay Plus 1TB or the Director seem to be better than the Mede8er and the other available.