Unplugged My Speakers While They Were On [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Unplugged My Speakers While They Were On

Meteora
04-26-2010, 08:13 PM
I have a 30W Hewlet Packard 2.1 Speaker System.

I was replacing them in the house, so I had to unplug them from where they were plugged. I didn't notice that they were on when I unplugged them.

Is this generally unhealthy for the speaker, and what are the possibilities of unlugging speaker systems this way?

Thanks.

GMichael
04-27-2010, 05:18 AM
Why do I feel like I've seen this question before?

They should be fine, but I wouldn't make a habbit of doing that.

bfalls
04-27-2010, 05:25 AM
You're safe this time. It's not like you tore the "Do Not Remove This Tag" off a pillow or something more serious.

Meteora
04-29-2010, 11:59 PM
I was wondering by the way, is there any problem with leaving surge protection multi-outlets inside the wall during an event that may cause a power surge in the house (like a thunderstorm), or should I leave the surge protection multi-outlets unplugged from the wall (when I'm not using them of course)?

Also, I was wondering, is there a type of home wiring system that protects against power surges/outages caused by weather? Or are power surges/outages likely to occur with any home wiring?

Sorry if my questions seem a lot. I was doing a little research and couldn't find the exact answers I was looking for. :(

hifitommy
05-15-2010, 12:44 PM
i believe there is such an animal. talk to an electrician. it actually seems like the right place to put the protection would be at the junction box to protect the entire house.