Geoff get another pair of speakers! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Geoff get another pair of speakers!

Geoffcin
04-26-2010, 09:04 AM
(like I really needed a seventh pair!?)

The EPI Model 180!

Like stacked model 100's, this model has better bass, and higher sensitivity. While not of the same vintage as the 500c, at circa 1974 or there abouts, this pair should do nicely in my new "vintage" system.

http://gallery.audioreview.com/showphoto.php?photo=6876

I'm going to do the surrounds next weekend.

poppachubby
04-26-2010, 09:59 AM
Geoff, I think there's a problem with the pic. I can't view it. Please post it so i can fully realise my feelings of envy and jealousy.

Geoffcin
04-26-2010, 02:24 PM
Geoff, I think there's a problem with the pic. I can't view it. Please post it so i can fully realise my feelings of envy and jealousy.

I posted two pics to my gallery

thekid
04-26-2010, 03:05 PM
Nice pick-up.
I passed on a pair of 201's not long ago which I would describe as a pair of 100's at opposite corner's of each other. I wonder what they would have sounded like stacked with my 100's ...... :skep:

poppachubby
04-26-2010, 07:53 PM
Geoff you're on a roll man. Can't wait to see the finished product, although they look killer.

Geoffcin
04-28-2010, 03:53 AM
Geoff you're on a roll man. Can't wait to see the finished product, although they look killer.

All drivers work perfectly, and according to the owner the've sat in a closet for over 20 years. Hooked thjem up to the 500c and they play well even with the battered surrounds. I've ordered the replacement foam so hopefully this weekend I'll be able to refurbish them.

Oh, they are built like a brick house. All sides are 1" particle board and it's internally braced too. You can stand on these puppies with no worries, kinda like my Velodyne subs!