Surround Sound in Games [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Surround Sound in Games

3buson
04-24-2010, 12:08 PM
I have just bought Logitech Z-5500 spekers. I also have a Club 3D Theatron Agrippa sound card (it supports DD and DTS). Everything works fine except the games. I can't get "true" surround sound in games. I can choose only between Digital Dolby ProLogic Music or Movie. I don't know how should I configure my settings in windows or sound card drivers to get surround sound working. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks for help!
Kind regards, Matic

Sir Terrence the Terrible
04-24-2010, 12:56 PM
I have just bought Logitech Z-5500 spekers. I also have a Club 3D Theatron Agrippa sound card (it supports DD and DTS). Everything works fine except the games. I can't get "true" surround sound in games. I can choose only between Digital Dolby ProLogic Music or Movie. I don't know how should I configure my settings in windows or sound card drivers to get surround sound working. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks for help!
Kind regards, Matic

It would seem to me(based on any codec related audio stuff) that there should be some configuration or setup menu on the sound card to tweak the card for the surround or other speaker setups. The Logitech speakers are only the amplifying and reproducing side of the audio not the processing side, so the surround setting probably would not be there.

Right now you current choices for audio would tell me you are in some sort of two channel mode, as that is when you only get the matrixed formats instead of the discrete multichannel ones as surround choices.

3buson
04-24-2010, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the fast reply!
I tried it in COD 4...I set the Audio setting to 5.1 speaker setup and I can still choose only between DD PL modes. If I play a movie everything works fine...I get Digital Dolby od DTS and DD or DTS is written on LCD of my speakers and I also can't change the effect to DD PL Movie. Should it be like that in games too? In sound card drivers I also chose 6 CH input and it is still the same.

3buson
04-27-2010, 05:49 AM
Any other ideas?

Boluker
08-27-2020, 02:50 AM
By the way, can you recommend a couple of interesting soundtracks for games?)

bubbagump
08-27-2020, 02:54 AM
I'm a gambling addict and I'm just crazy about games, especially Warcraft. However, I don't have time to play and I order a pumping ( https://boosthive.eu/ ) In modern games, surround sound is encoded in most games. When encoding is present, it will definitely sound better with surround sound. In this case, surround sound is best suited.
When it comes to games encoded with surround sound, when using a good surround sound system it is a different matter entirely. Night and day and highly recommended!

Pentiffs
09-02-2020, 07:43 AM
Hello. I often play PC games and I can say that sound is very important! So if you have some old low quality speakers, I highly recommend to buy new sound system. There are many different variants now, for example check these wireless devices https://merchdope.com/wireless-surround-sound/

bubbagump
12-02-2020, 02:27 PM
Hi. Always dreamed of having a high level and well boost account in your favorite Destiny 2. Then this is Destiny 2 Carry Service for you https://truecost.gg/d2/shop . This is a service that helps you upgrade your account to a higher level. There's nothing wrong with that, believe me.