Help out an amateur [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums


View Full Version : Help out an amateur

04-24-2010, 06:30 AM
I was just wondering if there was an adapter that converts

this -
(that usually goes into this a socket thing like this -

into this -
(that will go into this -

At the moment i have just done a little wiring job but its a bit sketchy...... essentially what im doing is plugging in some decent speakers into a sub woofer (i think thats what its called) from a set of computer speakers i got and i was wondering if there was some kind of adapter

thanks in advance


04-24-2010, 11:06 AM
Check out these site's-

Also check your local Radio Shack

04-24-2010, 03:07 PM
Looked through those can't find anything. Do you know the names of the wires/inputs im working with here? if so i could do i more comprehensive search...


04-24-2010, 04:49 PM
Look through these pages and see if there's something to help.
Good luck!

04-24-2010, 06:24 PM
So basically you want a mini rca plug ( 1/8" ) to a 1/4" plug Your mini RCA plug will plug into the female end.

This should work too, unless I am misunderstanding what you want. The mini RCA plug should plug into the female end of the plug below.

04-26-2010, 11:23 PM
Im probably havent been clear enough....
The two wires are clamped into that red and black socket thing one wire in each and im try to get one of those clampy things that converts to a subwoofer input (which i think is 1/8)