room correction w/Behringer 2496 EQ [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : room correction w/Behringer 2496 EQ

thepogue
04-22-2010, 02:27 AM
I pick up the UltracurvePro 24/96 Digital Equalizer to help work some issues in a 12 x 12 room....the directions are really lame but it states that automatic EQ (room correction) should not be used below 100hz....just weird to me...

I tried hunting around bit...anyone know any good reads on "room correction" (using an eq I've got the room treatment but I'm trying to learn the eq part) or had any experience on these units or this topic?

Nice to see some ole faces again!!

pogue

Feanor
04-22-2010, 03:43 AM
I pick up the UltracurvePro 24/96 Digital Equalizer to help work some issues in a 12 x 12 room....the directions are really lame but it states that automatic EQ (room correction) should not be used below 100hz....just weird to me...

I tried hunting around bit...anyone know any good reads on "room correction" (using an eq I've got the room treatment but I'm trying to learn the eq part) or had any experience on these units or this topic?

Nice to see some ole faces again!!

pogue

Good to see you again, Pogue.

I haven't used the UtracurvePro myself, but I know that the instructions & setup are notoriously confusing. I don't know that you can't use it below 100 Hz, only that doing so is tricky because response will vary at different position in the room.

thepogue
04-22-2010, 05:48 AM
Same here me brudda Bill!..I think I'll tackle the above 100 then use a test dist to work the bottom end...this is fun to have this in the system even if just as a learning tool

hope your well mate!!

flippo
04-22-2010, 06:59 PM
http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?t=16568

Sir Terrence the Terrible
04-23-2010, 06:43 AM
Same here me brudda Bill!..I think I'll tackle the above 100 then use a test dist to work the bottom end...this is fun to have this in the system even if just as a learning tool

hope your well mate!!

Good God almighty, its the Pogue!!!!!! Good to see ya ole gent.

The problem with the Behringer is a lack of processing power which is needed for tackling the low end(the mid and high frequencies are less processor intensive because of their wavelengths). You need to real processing power to handle the low end, which is why a lot of processor cannot handle low end correction. Audussey, Trinnov, and some of the other high end room correction systems are much better for this purpose.