best bang for the buck [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : best bang for the buck

Marty01
04-02-2004, 07:53 AM
heres what i narrowed it down to.. both sound very good.. i feel this is the best brand my local dealer carries and im sorry.. but im only shopping there cuz they know me hehe.. (something about being called SIR without the addition of.. youre making a scene.. that tickles my fancy) anyways.. here are my 2 choices for center speakers and why i like them;

Cerwin-Vega V-5C
good speaker at a great price

Cerwin-Vega E-76C
little more $$ but to my ears.. alot more speaker

heres my question.. should i stick to my budget (200$ fo a center) or go a little more over since im already swaying towards the E-76C on sound alone... music and ht are pretty much equal for me

JSE
04-02-2004, 08:20 AM
heres what i narrowed it down to.. both sound very good.. i feel this is the best brand my local dealer carries and im sorry.. but im only shopping there cuz they know me hehe.. (something about being called SIR without the addition of.. youre making a scene.. that tickles my fancy) anyways.. here are my 2 choices for center speakers and why i like them;

Cerwin-Vega V-5C
good speaker at a great price

Cerwin-Vega E-76C
little more $$ but to my ears.. alot more speaker

heres my question.. should i stick to my budget (200$ fo a center) or go a little more over since im already swaying towards the E-76C on sound alone... music and ht are pretty much equal for me

Go with the E-75C if it sounds better. If you don't you will immediately wish you had.

JSE

nusiclover
04-02-2004, 05:29 PM
hey marty, i think i added a post to your original thread. Anway, about this specific q. Ok, if i recall, you are more into music then ht, correct? Well, you should let your mains guide you here. Get the center that best matches your mains. If that happens to be the E-76, then all the better. I once had a center that was better than my mains and i always hated listening to 2-channel music since i knew the center alone sounded better. In any case, if your mains match the V-5 better then you can save the cash. Having the best HT for the buck has a lot to do with matching the front 3 channels the closest as possible: this allows for seemless integration (e.g. so that when any sound passes from the left to the right it wont sound comically different when it passes through the center.)

nusiclover
04-02-2004, 05:33 PM
oh well, it wasnt your thread, someone else was looking into building ht on their already existing cv mains. but, my post still applies.