HARMON/KARDON Avr300...$150.00 Canadian...is it worth it??..please helppp!!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : HARMON/KARDON Avr300...$150.00 Canadian...is it worth it??..please helppp!!!

frankieg
04-14-2010, 12:41 PM
Hi all....I have a chance to buy this HK ...$150.00 Canadian.....in good shape....I have Kef speakers to run her thru.....is it worth it...my budget is limited so thats why I`m looking at this HK. thanks...:devil:

rob_a
04-14-2010, 02:26 PM
Me personally, I would pass. If this amp was going to be in a spare room or second system then maybe. But for your speaker, this amp won’t do any justice for them.

frankieg
04-14-2010, 02:36 PM
Hey....thanks for the advice.....since my budget is small....it may be my only choice....alot of newer stuff in my budget range can`t by even as good as an older HK??...

thanks again
frank.:12:

rob_a
04-14-2010, 03:33 PM
if you have to go cheap, please look at Onkyo, Yamaha, Panasonic, Marantz, Denon first. Their lower end stuff is still pretty cheap, I would look on Amazon, Ebay, or Craigslist for low prices. H/K's are seriously under powered and prone to having problems.

winston
04-14-2010, 04:20 PM
Hi all....I have a chance to buy this HK ...$150.00 Canadian.....in good shape....I have Kef speakers to run her thru.....is it worth it...my budget is limited so thats why I`m looking at this HK. thanks...:devil:
frankieg" keep in mind that the AVR-300 is <> 9-10 years old so it all depends how you plan to utilized it,

however base on your question and your budget!! IMO if you are able to try it out before you purchase" then you be the Judge" and see if it can take you to next level!! good luck man, BTW have you try to browse the reviews on the AVR-300

frankieg
04-16-2010, 11:27 AM
thanks for all the help guys...In Canada..we are sort of limited to ``good`` used equiptment....

thanks again,
frank

Luvin Da Blues
04-16-2010, 11:55 AM
thanks for all the help guys...In Canada..we are sort of limited to ``good`` used equiptment....

thanks again,
frank

Where ye be at Frank? Have you checked out CanuckMart? Seemes to be a decent place for used gear.

frankieg
04-16-2010, 12:07 PM
never checked there...I will thanks lots.

frank

poppachubby
04-16-2010, 03:57 PM
Yes check out Canuck Audio Mart, it's a poor man's Audiogon. My other suggestion is to check out Dakmart. They are an official seller of Denon FACTORY refurbished gear. They have warranties with most of their stuff, 1 year. Denon will guarantee their refurb "As Brand New".

I'm not a big Denon fan, but my father in law is. It's done him good for some time. To get with the times, he upgraded his H/T system with a Denon AV integrated and a Denon DVD player. No issues as of yet.

With your budget, you may be able to score a nice unit from Dakmart, however you may have to bump it up to $200. At Canuck AM, simply limit your search to your province, and "For Sale".

Here's a couple for you, these have all the features you could want with tons of digital inputs and a 24b/192k or 24b/96k DAC...

http://www.dakmart.com/Audio-Home-Audio-Receivers/c4_9_15/p5042/Denon-Avr-1706-7.1-CH-Home-Theater-Receiver-Bstock-w-Warranty/product_info.html

http://www.dakmart.com/Audio-Home-Audio-Receivers/c4_9_15/p5258/DENON-AVR-1506-BSTOCK-REPL-1605-AUTHORIZED-DLR-W-WARTY/product_info.html

hifitommy
04-17-2010, 12:25 PM
http://www.audioreview.com/mfr/harman-kardon/a-v-receivers/avr-300/PRD_123882_2718crx.aspx

it may not have some of the features that are relevant today but that seems to be a fraction of the original price.

a new lesser powered one may be better, its hard for me to know your needs.