Very cool viral campaign of.... what next movie? From JJ Abrams? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Very cool viral campaign of.... what next movie? From JJ Abrams?

Kam
04-14-2010, 11:12 AM
So I had been hearing rumors of a Cloverfield sequel and went a hunting around and found this:

http://www.4-27-2010.com/

I don't think this is a Cloverfield sequel, but something else, just using the Cloverfield date. The date of the video in Cloverfield is April 27th, but there is no year given.

The video of the guy running on that website, he says it's April 27th, 2010, and the still frames of the log show that date carved into the tree. The sound quality of the effects in the background sound similar to the Cloverfield monster, but could be anything really.

The website has tons of hidden links and hidden messages and 'secret' websites with more hidden messages and seems to have the JJ stamp all over it. The owners of the site are pretty solidly hidden, at least to someone of my ltd abilities. Whois and domain registry info is all private, which makes me think it's one of the studios.

All these sites are linked together:
www.4-27-2010.com
www.4272010.com
www.churchoffundamentalabsence.org
www.sciencetracker.net
www.theudf.com

In any case... it's fun detective work if you have time, and we'll know in about 2 weeks if a movie trailer comes out about what's going on.

-k