bookshelf speakers for Rotel [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : bookshelf speakers for Rotel

centralnj
04-11-2010, 08:33 AM
I have a Rotel RA 970BX integrated amp and looking for suggestions for good match bookshelf speakers for it.

02audionoob
04-11-2010, 08:47 AM
New or used? What's your budget? Musical preferences?

poppachubby
04-11-2010, 10:12 AM
Welcome to AR!! Yaaawwwnnn. Hey did you search the speaker room for previous threads? Just punch in "bookshelf speakers" and behold...

02audionoob
04-11-2010, 10:45 AM
OK...since we don't know the budget, I recommend the Wilson Audio "Duette" speakers, with the Wilson stands.

poppachubby
04-11-2010, 11:11 AM
Those stands are an excellent value. Aside from helping to control and define the speaker, they also predict the future (near future of course) and recite your weekly grocery list.

"Don't forget eggs David..."

JoeE SP9
04-11-2010, 11:11 AM
I have a Rotel RA 970BX integrated amp and looking for suggestions for good match bookshelf speakers for it.

First of all, welcome to AR.

Be advised you will get as many different recommendations as you'll get responses. No one can give a real suggestion without more information, such as room size, room furnishings, budget, type of music played, and most importantly how loud.
Have you listened to any speakers? Have you heard anything you like? Speakers are the single most subjective thing in audio. What others like you may not and vice versa.

To sum it up: Go listen to some speakers and find out what you like/want first!

poppachubby
04-11-2010, 11:16 AM
As I listen to Joe Henderson in high fidelity, on my stereophonic single ended triode amplifier, I am forced to believe that the two boxes at the ends of the oxidized lamp cord are by far the finest bookshelf speakers ever made. The Dynaco A-25. Read up on them and find yourself a pair.

bobsticks
04-11-2010, 11:34 AM
Without any real, pertinent information I would simply say that, on average, Rotel and Dynaudio tend to match well.

centralnj
04-12-2010, 10:49 AM
I was hoping to pay less than $500 for the pair.

The reason I am inquiring about new speakers is that my Snell JIII are going bad. One of the woofers has a tear in the foam.

Would it make sense to repair the Snell or buy a new set of speakers?